Need some assistance please

JpL4K3

Established Member
Looking to get some help on my 2014 Mustang GT, as I am getting prepared to install a 13/14 GT500 front and rear brake kit, and had some questions;

1. What is the factory replacement part number for the 8.8 rear end gasket?
2. How much rear end fluid do our cars take? Any particular brand recommended? Do I need to get friction modifier?
3. Is DOT3 brake fluid still recommended on these cars if they're daily driven? I've seen some people post about going to DOT4 which is why I asked.

bmyles

Established Member
I just use rtv silicone on the housing and I buy 3 bottles of what ever oil (75w140) you like, royal purple doesn't need f/m but all the others do. I used amsoil last time and a bottle of ford friction modifier. If I remember you do get into the third bottle but just fill it till it runs out the hole. I would switch to do 4 if your doing the brakes , you need to bleed it anyway so Just as well to upgrade the fluid while your there.

benzopyrene

Established Member
there is a nice gaket that doesnt require silicon....its like 20 bucks, but beats having spillage and having to worry about leak imo. I forget the brand but got it at latemodel resto when I rebult my rear end. You need friction modifier with the standard ford limited slip differentials, but with some aftermarket ones you dont. I know that with the eaton truetrac I have you do not use it.

Users who are viewing this thread