Need opinions on this wheel for the GT500

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I'm shopping for some wheels at the moment, and I'm trying to decide if going with 19's will still look great, and function good without the infamous rubbing...etc.

Here is a pic of my car, and keep in mind I DO have the FR3 Ford Racing Suspension/lowering kit on the car that brought it down about an inch.

DSC03092.JPG

Wheels in question:
bbs_rs_gt_db_ci3_l.jpg

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Personally I would go with a ford or shelby style wheel. I prefer that look as to an aftermarket wheel and there is so much to choose from on an S197. BUT if I was going to go aftermarket I like those wheels if the lip is as deep and chrome as it appears in the picture.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I'm shopping for some wheels at the moment, and I'm trying to decide if going with 19's will still look great, and function good without the infamous rubbing...etc.

Here is a pic of my car, and keep in mind I DO have the FR3 Ford Racing Suspension/lowering kit on the car that brought it down about an inch.

DSC03092.JPG

Wheels in question:
bbs_rs_gt_db_ci3_l.jpg

Nice wheel and 19" is my cup of tea :) As long as the offset is correct, you
wont have rubbing issues

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
BBS - that will be a whole 'nother level than a Ford or Shelby rim - it will be forged and light. How much does it weigh?

R1Lello

Established Member
would take BBS with proper offsets/backspace anyday over a lower grade Ford wheel, pay more but get what you pay for. Go for it, but as mentioned get the spacing right

chimazo

Established Member
That is an expensive quality 3pc wheel. I assume it's a 3pc. because I don't think BBS makes any rims with fake bolts, which I hate, and is what you see in some lame 1pc. cast rims. Don't get me wrong, I think there are some awesome cast rims out there and I very well might end up with a set on my GT500, I just really don't like the ones with the "simulated" 3pc look. I had some overpriced Iforged 3pc. rims on my Viper and I loved them, but I'm not sure if I want to spend $1k+ per corner again (with tires).
That BBS wheel wouldn't be the easiest to clean, but ceramic pads can help with that.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
What is the correct offset/backspacing for our cars? I keep seeing that mentioned but what is the answer?

R1Lello

Established Member
What is the correct offset/backspacing for our cars? I keep seeing that mentioned but what is the answer?

Backspacing changes depending on what wheel width you buy and the right b.s.will make it sit nicely. An 11 inch wheel CAN have an 8 inch b.s. but a front 8 inch wheel can't have an 8 inch b.s.

R1Lello

Established Member
That is an expensive quality 3pc wheel. I assume it's a 3pc. because I don't think BBS makes any rims with fake bolts, which I hate, and is what you see in some lame 1pc. cast rims. Don't get me wrong, I think there are some awesome cast rims out there and I very well might end up with a set on my GT500, I just really don't like the ones with the "simulated" 3pc look. I had some overpriced Iforged 3pc. rims on my Viper and I loved them, but I'm not sure if I want to spend $1k+ per corner again (with tires).
That BBS wheel wouldn't be the easiest to clean, but ceramic pads can help with that.

You're right, at hangouts, amazing how many people actually look (like mine wheels) and do notice the real bolts telling them they are real 3 pc........quality wheels do stand out.......but again, we pay for it :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread