• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Need opinions on this truck.

Discussion in '2nd Generation' started by SurferSVT, Jun 18, 2010.

1. SurferSVT

SurferSVT V Established Member

I found a 2002 Black Lightning with 75,000 miles on it. It's a two owner truck (Owner 1: 5 years, 64,000 miles. Owner 2: 3 years, 11,000 miles.)

The asking price is $14,900.

The interior is great shape and brand new tires have been put on it.

The truck is modified; has an intake, 6lb lower, ported upper intake, single blade throttle body and a catback. It appears that the truck was not daily driven by the last owner as only 11,000 miles were put on in 3 years. At the moment, it has no tune... The computer was put back to stock when it was traded in. Prior to buying it I'm going to have a performance shop go over the truck (compression test, dyno, etc.)

The exterior has a lot of scratches/rock chips. The bed has some surface cracks as well as a crack near the bottom of the driver's side fender well.

People keep telling me I can find a lower mile Lightning for the same price, but when I look, everyone wants $18,000 or more them

Truck is located in NJ.

My questions:
    1. Is the price reasonable?
    2. Does anyone recognize this truck?
    3. Should I walk away and get a better truck for the same price?

Thanks everyone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Slow95Cobra

Slow95Cobra Certified in SVT by Ford Established Member

I just picked up a local 03 with the same cold air and magnaflow catback.. 51k miles for a hair over $15k. They are out there.. just gotta look!! Only thing that would shy my away from that truck is the body damage

3. Nvr_Spds

Nvr_Spds Pushrod > 4v Established Member

It looks like its a C&L Upper plenum, which is a good piece, but i would keep looking. My biggest concern would be that if it was driven with those mods, and a stock tune? As long as you stay out of boost, having the pulley on there wouldnt be a big deal, but that MAF is completely different.

4. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

This.

The maf is definitely a concern. I'm surprised the thing even runs with that maf and no tune.