• Dark Shadow grey

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jvert

Established Member
I have an appointment to get my Lightning rims powder coated. They are chrome now and I dislike how they look. Plus the chrome is not in good shape. So if anyone has any suggestions on color that would be great. Im leaning towards a grey/dark grey. Please post pictures or photoshop pictures of colors if that is okay.

Thanks

Mustang003-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Mustang002-1.jpg
[/IMG]

first cobra

Established Member
I say gloss black! But the color of the wheel depends on what your doing with the exterior! Like black wheels would look good with some tinted tail lights and black housing headlights along with dark tinted windows!

jvert

Established Member
Thanks for the ideas.

The truck does have tinted windows it just the angle of the picture and its not a dark tint at all.

OutKast

SVT=Fast
Established Member
Do you need to do anything special to powdercoat over chrome? I have replica y2k cobra R's in chrome that I want to get done in black.

Edit: BTW I vote black.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Do you need to do anything special to powdercoat over chrome? I have replica y2k cobra R's in chrome that I want to get done in black.

Edit: BTW I vote black.

they strip the chrome off the wheels first, just like they would any other coating.

Blown38

Established Member
Here is what I did with a set of stang wheels. If you're gonna go all black i think a flat or satin would be better than gloss, cause with the gloss the tire and wheel don't stand out from each other. When I did mine I wanted the guy to leave the lip polished, I'll get to changing that soon.
DSC06740.jpg

DSC06735.jpg

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I say satin black. What's it cost to get a set of wheels powdercoated?

Users who are viewing this thread