Need Opinions on 2004 SVT Focus - Comp Orange

99BlownVert

Established Member
I have recently found an SVT focus in FL I would like to get everyones opinion on. It is a...

-2004 3 door Competition Orange with Euro Package
-120k miles, tranny and clutch have been replaced
-Good condition, bumper covers are discolored as are on most older competition orange fords
-Clean title
-Timing belt has not been changed
-I dent behind drivers door, very minor.

What would a good price be on this car? It has every option, heated seats, block heater, euro package, sunroof ect. I know I will need to do the timing belt and paint the bumper covers for it to look really good. Thanks!

speedbunch

Established Member
I paid $4300 for the twin to that car with the same package & condition you explained but mine has 94k miles and no dent.

speedbunch

Established Member
Mine needs a few things that I didn't know about when I bought it needs a clutch and the head gasket leaks bu that's my fault for a eBay purchase! My mother and bro inlaw both have svtf with plenty of miles on them and they love them great cars!

Steve@Tasca

Hard to value really, KBB is usually a very good indicator though.

If that's the original timing belt at 120k I wouldn't even start it let alone drive it until that belt, tensioner and idler are changed.

SVTs are great little cars but you either need to be ready to work on it yourself or pay someone to maintain it because these are not hands off cars.

I love mine, it's been 100% reliable over the eleven years and 100k miles I've owned it, never failed me once.

-Steve

99BlownVert

Established Member
Well I am not sure if the timing belt has been changed or not, he just doesnt know. I have to test drive it anyway but it would be the first thing I would do. I can work on it myself pretty easily. Being that this is one of my favorite SVTF and as rare as it is I would like to go look. It has a new tranny and clutch replaced at the ford dealership as well. I am looking at the $3500 range to try and buy it.

5.0joe

I'm looking myself for a SVT Focus, preferably 4 door, and in great shape. I saw a Comp Orange one in Miami with black leather interior. It's a dealer, looks in great shape they want $6500.
I just don't think I could get used to the orange...

Steve@Tasca

Well I am not sure if the timing belt has been changed or not, he just doesnt know. I have to test drive it anyway but it would be the first thing I would do. I can work on it myself pretty easily. Being that this is one of my favorite SVTF and as rare as it is I would like to go look. It has a new tranny and clutch replaced at the ford dealership as well. I am looking at the $3500 range to try and buy it.

$3500 doesn't sound like a bad deal but yeah, timing belt ASAP!

I'm looking myself for a SVT Focus, preferably 4 door, and in great shape. I saw a Comp Orange one in Miami with black leather interior. It's a dealer, looks in great shape they want $6500.
I just don't think I could get used to the orange...

If it's perfect then that's not a terrible price, see if the timing belt has been done and if they don't know you can try to get them to do it before purchase.

The one issue I've seen with the Comp-O cars is that the clear coat tends to peel, only color I've seen that happen to.

-Steve

99BlownVert

Established Member
Well I looked at the car. It needs a paint job, bad. He would not go less than 3500 so I could not take it off of his hands. I offered him 2500 because the car ran great and was clean otherwise. Oh well.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
Well I looked at the car. It needs a paint job, bad. He would not go less than 3500 so I could not take it off of his hands. I offered him 2500 because the car ran great and was clean otherwise. Oh well.

Comp orange paint is notorious for fading, even when well taken care of. It is just the nature of the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread