need o2 defoulers

Riptide

Established Member
The vibrant aren't going to work in my car. I was able to get the driver side in but the passenger side is interfered by the transmission pan.

image1.jpg

I know they make a j-style option. May be worth a shot. Extensions are a pita to install too since I can't get a hand up to disconnect the sensor snap.

Any other options? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

jsquared_25

Established Member
Premium Member
The j-style worked great for me on my car. Never threw a c.e.l. and they were on there for around 15-20k miles. Give them a shot.

Riptide

Established Member
Did you need to remove the midpipe for them to thread in? Did you need extensions for the stock ones to reach?

Not a lot of slack on the stock cables and it does look like a bitch to get them disconnected if extensions have to go on.

jsquared_25

Established Member
Premium Member
To be honest I cannot remember if I needed to remove the midpipe to install them, but I do remember that I did not need any extensions for the cables.

Riptide

Established Member
Thanks. Not a lot of room in there and I can't really get at the sensors to unsnap them. Not sure but manual cars may have more room than the automatics.

Needing to remove the midpipe looks like less of a pita than getting at the connectors for the sensors believe it or not.

jsquared_25

Established Member
Premium Member
I hear you. Now that I think about it, I did have to remove the midpipe so I could screw them into the bungs. Which removing it wasn't too bad. It was definitely worth it to clear the cel.

Zaid

Established Member
Whenever I had done it, I used 2 packs of the Dorman Spark Plug Non-Foulers (P/N 42009). Each pack comes with two, I drilled out one and stacked it onto the other and it fit right in. You would need in total 4 of them (2 per side).

Link to the part I used:
http://www.autozone.com/ignition-tu...-fouler/help-spark-plug-non-fouler/730544_0_0

Also a link on a DIY on the process I did:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/e...-tips/215795-5-o2-cheater-non-fouler-how.html

It worked good, I would get the occasional CEL but I would either clear it or just wait a couple of days and it would go away.

Riptide

Established Member
Lethal O/R H pipe. Kinda sucks that the passenger side bung was welded at an angle. The first set of defoulers would've been fine otherwise. Oh well.

The bigdaddiesgarage straight ones are going to have the same issue in the original post. They are 2", won't clear the transmission pan on passenger side with the sensor in.

The curved j-style ones may work better however there may not be enough room on the passenger side to screw it in due to the large turn radius. The pipe may have to come off. Not fun but if that is the only thing needed to get it installed not a huge deal.

Users who are viewing this thread