Need new tires . Any suggestions ?

Nervouswreck

Established Member
Right now i have Nitto 555 on the rear that are about done. And Goodyear F1’s on the front that are also about done. Even after full FTBR rebuild on my IRS including tie rods this thing still hops . I’m not a drag racer, my Cobra is a cruiser and garage queen lol. I’m just looking for a matching set of good high performance tires all around . No drag radials or anything . My Cobra is around 600 hp. I still want it to hook good obviously but not hop . In other words do a burnout here and there without hopping like crazy but still grip good. Any suggestions? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m down to the r888r or the Firestone indy500. They’re significantly cheaper in the oem size and get great reviews from a lot of various sources. Leaning that way just to try it out since I have some other stuff I want to buy for my car this year

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've seen the Indy 500 used on lower power S197's with decent results. But I wouldn't chance it with your power level. Gotta pay to play in this case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I know everyone loves the toyos. I always thought the difference between a bolt on coyote vs a pullied cobra wasn’t enough to necessitate that much more tire. Maybe I’m wrong?

stangerT

Established Member
I know I know not another tire thread but I’m in the same boat as nervouswreck I was about to have my IRS bushings replaced (have a leaking rear diff) was just going to have it all done at the same time but hearing that it does not solve the wheel hop should I even bother spending the $? I only have 16K miles. I think the leaking diff is due to it sits a lot but figured I’d add a beefier diff cover since Ive heard its a weak point...

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I know everyone loves the toyos. I always thought the difference between a bolt on coyote vs a pullied cobra wasn’t enough to necessitate that much more tire. Maybe I’m wrong?

The problem is the TQ curve of the terminator....and the fact it wheel hops. They perform a lot better on a 100 tread rated tire than 340 tread. They also like a little more sidewall tire versus the rubberband sized sidewalls out rear

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The problem is the TQ curve of the terminator....and the fact it wheel hops. They perform a lot better on a 100 tread rated tire than 340 tread. They also like a little more sidewall tire versus the rubberband sized sidewalls out rear
What c6z said. The 03/04 hits the tire a lot harder than a coyote. Once the coyote goes twin screw they have the same issues.

Users who are viewing this thread