Need input on 2000 Ram Van I'm purchasing to flip

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You might want to be careful, the van might now be considered an asset of the estate, and if one family member sells it without another family members consent, it could come back to bite you both in the ass.

THIS THIS THIS.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The woman who signed it over is the sole person registered on the vehicle. The guy who brought it in was using her car. Her name is the only name on the title. I was wondering how that was going to work also since he was no longer there to sign it, but that sort of handled it.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
So what happened to the guy??

So we were wondering if the guy faked his death to bail on the van and ditch it on us so I looked up his name and found an article in the news about a murder-suicide that occurred 2 weeks prior involving a 63 year old man and his mother who was 82 or so. The name of the man was the same name and included his middle initial so I went out and found a paper in the van with that same middle initial and the age was correct and everything. They didnt have a motive or anything but they believe he shot his mother and then killed himself.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
So we were wondering if the guy faked his death to bail on the van and ditch it on us so I looked up his name and found an article in the news about a murder-suicide that occurred 2 weeks prior involving a 63 year old man and his mother who was 82 or so. The name of the man was the same name and included his middle initial so I went out and found a paper in the van with that same middle initial and the age was correct and everything. They didnt have a motive or anything but they believe he shot his mother and then killed himself.

Wow...that’s pretty messed up

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
He seemed like a nice guy but just quiet and a little down maybe? Definitely didnt seem like the kind of person that would do that.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
So I finally put this rape van/party van/shaggin wagon... whatever you want to call it up for sale since getting new keys made after someone took my only key for it off our key board in the shop and apparently threw it away and wouldn't admit to it. I posted it for $4500 and got 6 or 7 people interested the first 2 days after posting. Posted it on Friday and I got the money for it today. The first people to message me came and looked at it Saturday and offered me $3500. I told them $3700 and it was a deal and that was that. Since getting back up and running it seemed like it was running a little hot at idle once warmed up which is because of the old radiator in it that is barely hanging on. The people were nice so I thought that was fair since they were likely going to have to replace that radiator, and I needed it gone to create space anyways.

Got $3800 in the end since I installed a new battery that I offered at my cost so I came up $1800 from the sale, but I'm just surprised by how popular it was and how fast it sold. I'm pretty sure I could have got close to asking price pretty easily had the first people not bought it as I could have felt out more buyers and used their offers as leverage against others. I'm happy about it and this money is going into the bank for my home fund. Travel vans are apparently a hot item though! I had a feeling it would be popular out here and I was right. It was just the right combination of having a solid engine and a nice interior in great condition.

Anyways, just wanted to update because I think a lot of people, including myself and pretty much everyone I know, were skeptical about being able to flip it. Will definitely price higher next time if I run across something similar again.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Bed was still down from when my gf and I took it out for a movie date and made sure the power folding bed and rear captain's chairs were sturdy enough while parked in the parking lot afterwards lol.

Screenshot_20200623-004023_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200623-004035_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200623-004048_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200623-004106_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200623-004119_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200623-004247_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200623-004330_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200623-004312_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread