NEED INFO on the 2.76 pulley!!! Please look and help!!!

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Pretty self-explanatory here....

Who has it?
How do you like it?
Any "heat" concerns?
Belt slip (with or without idlers)?
Best time? Trap speed?
Is it worth it for the cost?

The thing is, after spending some time talking to Jim D'Amore, he has got me thinking about installing another, smaller pulley on my Eaton. I have the 2.93 Amazon Interchangable pulley now, and I just had Billetflow Doug drop ship me a 2.76 pulley too. I am thinking about doing what Blown03 did and getting a flip chip from somebody with a 2.93 tune and a 2.76 tune.....for hotter and cooler weather.

BUT since I have the Heat Exchanger, I was thinking that I can get away with doing the 2.76 full-time for maximum numbers. Are the numbers THAT important? What 2.80 or 2.76 guys run 120 in the quarter? I need quick answers because the clock is ticking.......

Please help me out guys, I would really appreciate it!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd be interested in hearing comments, too.
:shrug:

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
The torque difference alone is why I bought a 2.77 over a 2.93, it makes for a meatier power band, especially down low. All I gotta do is get the nerve up to put the dang thing on.;-)

I believe most guys are running a 73.5" belt with the 2.75-2.80 with no slip.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I know the torque will be through the roof, but is it safe over the long run for the blower. I still want this thing to last me a few years, granted I barely drive it....

yermo

Established Member
after the predator comes out i will answers to those questions. i have the RR 2.75, idler, and blet from AR and waiting to install. i am curious to see what people are saying about this combo also. i think that the AR car has this combo.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Why would you say that StlBlack03, just wondering what your thoughts were on this???

Rwick7

Established Member
I think it might make more power on the Dyno but for an entire quater-mile run without and external cooling (ice box..etc) it gets too hot and will actually slow you down. That is my take, just by my experience from guys here in STL running smaller pullies. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I'd be willing to bet most of the quick smaller pulley guys really let it cool down and use ice.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Do you think the Heat Exchanger will help me in that respect?

Rwick7

Established Member
Not sure...not enough people have them yet. I think JT's must help him though...that and his driving skills. I think he runs a 2.93 though.

Users who are viewing this thread