Need Help.

93stang5.0

Established Member
Well I am having a vibration issue with my fox. Only occurs when I hold a high rpm in any gear. I was thinking maybe my driveshaft was out and replaced it with a ford racing shaft but I'm still having the same issue. I also went ahead and checked out the rear end and everything seemed normal. Problem occured after I purchased a set of nitto drags and I did a pass on the track. The car hooked good, but after the run I noticed the vibration. Any suggestions on what the problem is? I think there may be a problem with the transmission.

lwrs10

Chapstick!
Established Member
Well I am having a vibration issue with my fox. Only occurs when I hold a high rpm in any gear. I was thinking maybe my driveshaft was out and replaced it with a ford racing shaft but I'm still having the same issue. I also went ahead and checked out the rear end and everything seemed normal. Problem occured after I purchased a set of nitto drags and I did a pass on the track. The car hooked good, but after the run I noticed the vibration. Any suggestions on what the problem is? I think there may be a problem with the transmission.

It really sounds like an engine/tranny problem. So it is there in 1st at 4k the same it is there at 4th gear 4k? I would start looking at drivetrain issues

93stang5.0

Established Member
That's exactly what the problem is. I can hold 4k and let off and it goes to vibrating, but another thing I forgot to mention is that if I go past 4K the virbration stops slightly, but as the RPM's drop, it starts to vibrate.

Users who are viewing this thread