need help - wont pass inspection

MachJoe

Established Member
As the title says, the Mach won't pass the emission part of inspection. Earlier, I had a check engine light due to bank 2 sensor 2 stuck on lean and a high voltage reading to the same o2 sensor, so I replaced both rear o2 sensors. I drove it around, the CEL cleared, but it still won't pass. They're saying the monitors still aren't ready yet and now the catalytic converters "won't work," which I have newly installed American Racing Headers. I do smell gas when the car is running, but I'm all out of ideas. The CEL is still gone. Is it possible that the PCM or ecu is going bad?

TKat13

Under Construction
Established Member
After you reset your codes, your car has to perform a drive cycle, which could be many days / miles. There is a magic combination of speed, time, rpm that tells the computer the car has gone through a full drive cycle. If the check engine light is still off after a drive cycle then it will pass the emissions part of the test. If you have a problem during the drive cycle, then the light will come back on. This prevents owners from resetting the error codes and immediately driving to get an inspection.

Good luck.

Serge

Established Member
did you replace to stock h pipe i add same problem with the etest engine stayed one with my bassani offroad x pipe for some reason the ecu need to read a certain amount co and heat for bank 1 to for to work thats why they got 4 cat on the car . i spent allot off money to fix it and found out it the h pipe where im from etest are new. and all the cars that got mods are im big trouble .. are government make millions on etest

MachJoe

Established Member
4 months past due and I finally got it to pass. I still don't know what was wrong. I just started replacing a lot of maintenance parts (o2s, spark plugs, coil packs, etc.) Now I need to address the transmission. This car seemed bulletproof until recently.

Users who are viewing this thread