Need Help With Springs!!

mustangsvtblack

Established Member
i am cutting my stock springs on my 03 and i need to know how much to cut and also what end of the springs do you cut? IF you have pics of your cut sping setup it would be helpful, thanks.

03snkvert

Established Member
I just did this on my vert last weekend. You cut the bottom of the spring. I cut 1/2 a coil to be on the safe side and I am letting the car settle. Most guys are cutting 3/4 to 1 coil but it seems that 1 coil is setting the bottom too low. I then put the Iso's back on and got a pretty good drop. I will try and get a pic here soon.

Two things I learned while doing this:
1. When taking out the bolts for the IRS take your time and move the jack up and down on the diff (car on jack stands) to get the bolts out. They should pull out by hand when you get it in the correct location.

2. When you go to put the front springs back in, put the top in first and wiggle the control arm to get the bottom back in without a spring compressor. Get the car up in the air pretty good, I was able to move control arm pretty far just be careful of the ABS line.

I followed the instruction I found on here and it was a snap. I went with the conservitive 1/2 coil because it was so easy I could easily pull them out and cut some more.

Corey

Users who are viewing this thread