need help with frpp 80's

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
had another thread but starting fresh here. I am having issues with my car running overly rich (11.5 afr) at idle and I can't seem to get it to lean out much at all. I've got it as far as 12.o but that's it. I'm using frpp 80's and a sct2600 with my KB setup. I've research the issues with the 80's, compared the sct value files with the frpp posted data, and have tried the following with no positive results:
1. used sct value files- car wouldn't start
2. pulled 35% out of lower maf table and car starts but idles at 11.0
3. used the pulsewidth of the frpp60's-fired up but idle at 11.2
4. adjusted the pulsewidth to .00205 (I read that above 2ms is where they like) and pulled 15%- idled at 11.5
5. pulled another 22% fuel out of the #4 adjusted pulsewidth and it idled at 11.5-12.0

it's just not making sense that my maf table adjustments aren't making bigger changes. and I'm going through plugs like there's no tomorrow due to fouling the shit out of them- I NEED HELP

Last edited:

lowranger96

Established Member
this is a common issue with 80s, esp cheap 80s. you might be tried to idle the injector at too low of a pulsewidth where the injector cannot acurately fire on and off. This is the main reason people swear by the newer bosch injectors

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I found a completely different set of data for the 80's last night that's not even close to the frpp current posted data or sct value file data. and the car like it alot- I got it to idle at 13.7 before I packed up for the night.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Where did you find the values? I'm curious what it's like compared to what I have in my tune.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
what I did today was take an old tune for my procharger setup that I know worked fine, and loaded the BA2600 value file. I took 38% out of the bottom and 49% out of idle range and the first start was promising. so I pulled another 21% out of the idle range and it looks good (14.7-15.0) afr. the only issue however is if I give it gas (Say to pull out of the garage or pull back in) the car breaks up and shuts down. could be the fouled plugs, could be I'm almost out of gas. the biggest differences in the tune are that I had taken the engine displacement and sliced it in half (0.000776), and doubled the manifold volume to 20.0 I'm encouraged and now not so stressed out about going to the dyno in a week and a half

decipha

Established Member
the data I found is completely different and is the same posted by frpp. and it won't paste and I can't attach it- sorry fellas for the vague info

The information provided in the link is the published data straight from ford racing.

in any case it sounds like your issue was that you were riding the minimum pw clip, in all calibrations the minimum pw clip should be set to 0

Users who are viewing this thread