Need Help with Fore Innovations Fuel System Selection

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I'm in the process of buying a SN95 4V Level 3 Return System from Fore Innovations and I need some help with the details.

I'll be running a 4.6L stroker setup (298ci, 9.5:1, stage 3) from Livernois, a 2.9L Whipple, and ID1000s.

I'm not sure which fuel lines to get and whether or not I need a controller module.

The following screenshot demonstrates my areas of ignorance.

Does anyone care to educate me?

fore-innovations-fuel-system-details.jpg

Link to SN95 4V Level 3 Return System Page

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
PM TRBO VNM on here or click on the link in my sig and email him. He will answer all of your questions and is a Fore dealer. Many of us on here have bought from him and you wont find a better person to deal with :).

cj428mach

Established Member
As much as I like Fore don't order directly from them as thats just throwing money away. PM Malcolmv8, TRBO_VNM, or 04sleeper they're all Fore dealers and can help you save money and direct you which path to go.

You want Teflon line and the FC3 controller.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Thanks TRBO VNM!

By the way, we can hammer this out here if you prefer.

B0B has talked me out of going with the 2.9L Whipple. I'm stepping it down to the 2.3L unit.

ctgreddy

Established Member
with that bad ass engine(nice choice on builders btw lol), great fuel system, etc etc why would you go with a 2.3 over a 2.9?

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
ctgreddy said:
with that bad ass engine(nice choice on builders btw lol), great fuel system, etc etc why would you go with a 2.3 over a 2.9?

I'm hoping to achieve good power levels with 91 octane. So I wouldn't be working the 2.9L unit hard enough to really take advantage of its bigger size.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
If going 2.3 id get a tvs. Also you dont need -10 lines. 8 is fine. I personally like the fc3, also get a hobbs switch. The honeywell one.

ctgreddy

Established Member
^ agreed. if you're going to step down to a 2.3 the tvs is way better than the whipple. Been proven. I just assumed with that style build you'd be pushing it further sooner rather than later.

Also second that you dont need anything bigger than 8an feed. Bigger than that is just more fuel you're pumping which will just have to be returned to the tank meaning it'll get warmer and warmer.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
^ agreed. if you're going to step down to a 2.3 the tvs is way better than the whipple. Been proven. I just assumed with that style build you'd be pushing it further sooner rather than later.

Also second that you dont need anything bigger than 8an feed. Bigger than that is just more fuel you're pumping which will just have to be returned to the tank meaning it'll get warmer and warmer.
A larger diameter feed will not increase heat, you are not "pumping" more fuel simply because the feed line is larger. I agree that at his goals a -8 is fine and if you NEVER plan to use e85 you don't need teflon. I don't see the need for the controller but if you want to spend the money to make it look pretty that's fine.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Pretty much all of.your questions will be answered by one of those dealers but all I have to contribute is the commonly overlooked fact that the starlite hose tends to smell like fuel over time. So stick to the Teflon.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Teflon is the same price so Im not sure why you would get the starlite anyway. And from what I understand the -8 line is good for like 1200 hp or more, so my advice is save some money there unless you ever plan on going that route.

TRBO VNM

Why anyone would use the rubber hose again is beyond me. Hell, even buying the line separate from Fore it is cheaper for the Teflon/ptfe.

Users who are viewing this thread