Need help with Brembo caliper leaking

jmaStang

Established Member
A cap popped off of my caliper, and it is now leaking under braking. Could have happened after being forced into a curb pretty decently. Car has been garaged since the incident, obviously. See pic below:
Brake_Issue.png

Anyone know where I can get a replacement cap, and is this problem much more than meets the eye? I don't know much about brakes. Would I need to bleed the system after fixing? Thanks.

Paul.

Established Member
The rubber cap is just a dust cap. If it's leaking the fitting/threads are damaged. The pic is blurry so it's hard to see anything from it.

jmaStang

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. Will get better pics after work. Is the fitting something that can be adjusted? As in, could it just be "loose" or anything?

NastyNate420

Established Member
It could possibly just be loose. try to tighten it but DONT OVER tighten it! if that doesnt help then you prolly need a new bleeder. or can try to seal up the original with some teflon tape. either way you would have to bleed the system .

Last edited:

Lemonth

Established Member
I got caps from a motorcycle website, not too bad on the price for it. I can send you the site if you're intersted, PM me. But the leaking wouldn't be from a missing cap, you can get a new bleeder screw from Ford for like $10 which comes with a cap aswell.

jmaStang

Established Member
I'll have a look at it tonight to assess the damage a bit further. These responses really make sense. Gives me something to work with. Thanks again everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread