Need help with 01 cobra rpms

MrYellowSVT

Established Member
So I have been trying to read and find out what is causing my 01 cobra to do two things.

1. Aggressively rev when starting up like goes up to 2500rpm

2. When I race I get to 6 grand and it starts to sputter and I have to immediately shift but before I could go to 6500 and even 7 with my tune turned up.

I had to take my valve covers off and you know how pain in the @$$ that is and after I put it on checked every thing over hoses all hooked up I started noticing this problem.

Thought it might be the throttle position senor messed up needing adjusted but I dont know how to tweak it. I did take my intake off to get the valve covers off.

Any help would be nice. And what are good power adders for a 01 cobra already have jlt intake and bama tune.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
1. It's either your IAC is dying/dead or you have a vacuum leak from when you pulled the intake. Double check all your connections. Did you use new gaskets when you put everything back together?

2. Might have something to with number 1. Once again, go over everything. It's probably something dumb. Check your coil packs and plugs. And really there's no point in revving a stock 01 to 7k.

For power adders your choices are blowers, turbos, or nitrous. Personally I'm a fan of centri style blowers on these cars. I liked how mine worked out. I would ditch the Bama tune. It's probably not really helping.

MrYellowSVT

Established Member
1. It's either your IAC is dying/dead or you have a vacuum leak from when you pulled the intake. Double check all your connections. Did you use new gaskets when you put everything back together?

2. Might have something to with number 1. Once again, go over everything. It's probably something dumb. Check your coil packs and plugs. And really there's no point in revving a stock 01 to 7k.

For power adders your choices are blowers, turbos, or nitrous. Personally I'm a fan of centri style blowers on these cars. I liked how mine worked out. I would ditch the Bama tune. It's probably not really helping.
I've checked everything and the tune was on it when I bought it and found out it hit rev limit at about 6700 rpm when I raced someone I did turn it down. What style blower you got link and what kind of forged internals you got.

I will have to double check everything once again I didn't change the gaskets due to when I did it I was low on cash. They did look all ok once i put it back on. Might double check everyrhing

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread