Need help wiring gauges.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I’m looking for info on wiring multiple gauges. I currently have a af and interceptor setup. I’m getting power from the fuse box under the dash with a add a fuse. I caused some damage to the brake lights doing this. So I’m looking for a different way maybe running a direct wire from the battery with a relay fuse block for each gauge and trigger from a ignition feed. Thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If your current power source is a key on source then adding a relay is simple. Use that to trigger the relay and connect the power directly to the battery.

How did you damage the brake lights? I've been running a wideband and the boost sensor for my Aeroforce off an add a fuse for a few years with no issues.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
If your current power source is a key on source then adding a relay is simple. Use that to trigger the relay and connect the power directly to the battery.

How did you damage the brake lights? I've been running a wideband and the boost sensor for my Aeroforce off an add a fuse for a few years with no issues.

Not sure. I noticed I had no brake lights. I had a buddy install a rxt1000 for me and I had him change the brake switch on the pedal. He said that wasn’t the issue he said it’s possible I was drawing to much from that one fuse for the af and interceptor. I was planning on ordering a relay setup from summit like the I ordered for my trunk ice tank. Uses a remote and goes directly to battery
d4961ac0cded1f1b7b9cbe6bb8e560e7.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
An easy check is to disconnect the gauges. What are you powering on the Aeroforce? I used the circuit for the convertible top. Since I don't have a drop top it was open.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
An easy check is to disconnect the gauges. What are you powering on the Aeroforce? I used the circuit for the convertible top. Since I don't have a drop top it was open.

I’m powering a fuel pressure sensor. That was my next thing I was going to look into. I can pick that up under the fuse box in the engine I read.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member

Where did you pick up that convertible circuit. Under hood or under dash. Thanks.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Where did you pick up that convertible circuit. Under hood or under dash. Thanks.

pretty sure theres power to the harness for it in the console you can get to with the shifter trim removed. I think I tied my reverse lockout box into power there

Users who are viewing this thread