NEED HELP!! Where can I get this bushing?

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
I ordered rear control arm bushings but they did not come with these bushings (upper & lower ), it connects the spindle to the control arms. Ford said they only sell the entire spindle assy for $530 per side. Does anyone know if or where I can get the bushings, Thanks a lot for any help.

713r6ko.jpg

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Nope. You can only buy it from Ford. Mine has needed replaced for 2 years. lol.

Try FORDSVTPARTS (steve) at Tousley ford. I think he quoted me like 330 something.

CDADEUCE06

Established Member
I think that is how the front arms are also. Thats a good pic of the irs where did you get it. If it was from a service manual where can I purchase or get a copy of one?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Well. First ones are the rubber boots tearing. Then play in the bushing itself.

Ive got 55K on my drivers side with the boots torn with no issues. I check it once a month though.

RoyWoods

Established Member
You might try and get in contact with Bruce (ac427Cobra) and see what he recommends as he has a lot of experience with these bushings.

FWIW, I've got a used set of spindles that I'd be willing to sell, but swapping those bushings out might be extremely difficult, if not impossible.

cobraracer46

Banned
Today, I spoke with Maximum Motorsport about the IRS Knuckle bushings and MM said that they will have a Spherical bearing kit out soon to replace the stock bushings.:banana:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Heres some info on the spherical bushings I have on my race car. I dont know if Daron is still making these or not, pick up the phone and try calling him is my advice.

IRS Spherical Spindle Bearings

- Professionally engineered solution with plated steel CNC machined bearing shells
- Highest quality racing grade high carbon stainless steel PTFE lined spherical bearings
- High load ratings:
Maximum loads per bearing:
Max Radial Load: 58,500 lbs (cornering and suspension bump)
Max Axial Load: 9200 lbs (braking and acceleration)
- Fully rebuildable
- Installation tool included

Daron Cooke
DownUnder Performance
P.O. Box 701886
Dallas, Texas 75370
Ph: 469-939-6975

Users who are viewing this thread