Need Help W/Floorboard Leak

robb15033

Established Member
1996 Cobra convert has a dirty water puddling on passenger side floorboard. No trace of coolant, doesn't smell of anything. It collects slowly. Seems to originate from close to the door but can't tell where from. I have to steam clean every weekend. Anyone experience this too??
:cuss:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Make sure the drain inside the cowl(outside base of windsheild) is not plugged up... IF these cars have one...

check this link out

cowl leak- easier way to clean - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

also try this one:

How to fix the Water Leak on the Passenger floor - The Mustang Collective Forums

hope this helps

Also dblcheck and make sure the vert top is sealing perfect all the way around... hosepipe without sprayer and have someone run the water on that side with you inside checking for water

Last edited:

redrocket16

Established Member
AC condenser I believe also is on the passenger side floorboard. I'd check out the above mentioned too. Have you pulled the carpet to see if it tells a different story as to where it may be coming from?

robb15033

Established Member
Thank you very much. I'm pretty sure it is condensate that is being flung off the evaporator or the condensate drain is completely clogged. I know that it has a brand new AC system that was installed this past spring. I need to find the drainage path of the condensate, thanks.
-I'll read up on above links and tear it up.

robb15033

Established Member
I'm about to go outside and start tearing things apart.
ANY SN-95 OWNER AC CONDENSATE PASSENGER SIDE LEAKS OUT THERE???
Please leave comment.
-I'll update what I see in few hours. Thanks everyone! Wish me luck...

robb15033

Established Member
Found It!!
It WAS leaking from evaporator enclosure. In Jan. the PO had the entire A/C system replaced. When they installed the new evaporator, they cut open the enclosure, leaving a crack down one side and around the bottom where the drain hole is. so, I cleaned the evaporator while it was open, sucked out & poked the drain hole, closed it up and sealed it with tape around the enclosure and adhesive around the drainage area. Waiting for first layer to dry and then I'll put a couple more layers all around it. With any luck, it will be air/water tight and good to go for a long while.

robb15033

Established Member
I applied some clear body trim, emblem adhesive twice. 4 or 5 hours after that was dry, I covered the entire area that was cut with a 1/4" thick, black, Dow Corning 795 urethane sealant. That stuff can be applied 2" thick and is sticky, pliable, flexible and can weather heat and cold for 20 years. I spread it around pretty well. Once it's dry in 48 hours, I feel optimistic that it's tight now.

Users who are viewing this thread