Need help regarding clutch and components

RioRed4v

Established Member
I recently put a Spec Stage I clutch in my car. About 5k miles ago. For the last 3k miles or so, my TOB has been making noise. At the same time, I had the shop install my Quadrant, adjustable cable, and firewall adjuster. I think that is where my problem started.

I plan on pulling the tranny out soon, to replace the TOB, and I want to do the clutch at the same time since I'm already in there. I plan on just putting in a King Cobra clutch. Should I just use the TOB that comes with that kit, or should I look around and buy a different brand of TOB?? If so, which one??

Also, when I first picked my car up from the shop, the clutch grabbed towards the top, and firewall adjuster was adjusted all the way towards the firewall. To silence the TOB, i would slowly adjust the firewall adjuster out a little at time. Once the TOB would start to chirp/rattle, the clutch would slowly grab towards the bottom more and more. So after that process was repeated over and over, my firewall adjuster is now adjusted all the way out, and my clutch is grabbing at the bottom once again, and there is alot of slack in my clutch pedal. How do I properly adjust this when I get around to pulling my tranny out??

Thanks, and sorry for the long post

Users who are viewing this thread