need help - photographers come in!

MachJoe

Established Member
I own a photography business and mainly do cars for dealerships, events, etc. I was given the opportunity to shoot an album cover for universal records. Its gonna be a murdered out f350, which vehicles are my expertise, but I've never been in a studio. How hard is it to setup and use lights? They told me to pick all the equipment up on Friday and the shoot is Sunday. So I have 2 days to play around with it, but I've never used it.. I do have the layout plans of everything so I know where the lights will go. Any advice?! I can't turn this down.

Blown 89

Established Member
Pick up the lights, set them up in your house, take pictures of your sister/girlfriend/wife scantily clad, post them here and we can give you advice on what you're doing right or wrong.

Blown 89

Established Member
In all seriousness, I only know lighting for video but there I've seen a ton of information on the net about how to light cars for photo shoots.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was just going to recommend that you call Kat. Strike one!

Kat, I know little about photography, but what is the major reason why you prefer not to use lighting? Do the lights change the subject overall quite a bit? I'm just curious.

MachJoe

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread