Need help passing emissions

Fooj

Established Member
Recently I just bought a cobra from a guy that lived in a part of Ohio that didn’t need to run an emission test. I live near Cleveland and we do. Went to one of those kiosk that you can run the test through you obd2 and I’m getting an error that my computer isn’t ready to do emission testing. The tune on the car is done by street lethal performance, the car came with the SCT tuner that SLP tuned the car.

My question is there anything I can do with the SCT to get the car in a “ready” state so I can pass the emission test? Also I’m wondering if I could just reflash the car back to stock tune and try to run the test, even though I’m running a bigger blower, injectors and BAP

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Which parameters are not ready?

How long has it been since the car was turned, and how many miles have you driven it?

Is all of the emissions equipment still on the car?

Sent from my [toilet] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Fooj

Established Member
My scanner I use says 3 parameters are not, which I don’t know. Could I download HPtuners and see?

The car was tuned a while ago it’s been years. I’ve put prob 150 miles on it so far

It’s got longtube headers but egr is still on the car, no cats on the mid pipe

Fooj

Established Member
Could I download the SCT tuner and bring up my tune and just make changes to the emissions so I pass? Some say you need your tuner to write you a new tune for that, but I don’t see why you can’t go in and make the change you’re self. Basically you are just changing the o2 parameters to ready I’m not touching the tune it’s self

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Could I download the SCT tuner and bring up my tune and just make changes to the emissions so I pass? Some say you need your tuner to write you a new tune for that, but I don’t see why you can’t go in and make the change you’re self. Basically you are just changing the o2 parameters to ready I’m not touching the tune it’s self
Anything you do to change ECU parameters is done within the tune. PATS has nothing to do with the tuning of the engine, but you must turn it off via the ECU programming.

Sent from my [toilet] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
If you do get the hardware and software all correct, it can still take upwards of a hundred miles driving to get all sensors in “ready” status.

Papaw

Established Member
Take it to an experienced tuner and have them determine which sensors are reading not ready. I'd be willing to bet that at least one of the parameters not ready is related to the fact that you have no cats.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
No cats probably mean the rear O2's are turned off. In which case I believe the catalyst monitor and EGR won't set. There's a misfire test that's tied to the O2 sensors, but I believe it's tied to the front sensors. I ended up using a buddies professional scanner to see what wasn't setting and then figuring it out from there. For how much a set of cats cost it might be better to find a hook up.

Users who are viewing this thread