Need help! irs

justaf150

Established Member
i was at beach bend yesterday making a pass when i went to hit 3rd gear the irs cover broke ... the gears seem to be fine because i was able to drive it up to the pit but i thought fore made a cover but seems they dont no more what do i need to fix this from happing again!?

ZZR

Kickin it in a Termie
Established Member
I did the same thing last year, also cost me a drive shaft (might wanna check yours closely for damage at the yoke).
I went with a new OEM Ford cover and Steeda brace along their stop the hop kit. Worked ok-ish at first but within a very few miles the bushings supplied are already pooched. I've a complete rear bushing kit here from Bruce (Full Tilt Boogie), just need a day to drop the IRS n git er installed. Can't find a single post here in the forum where anyone is anything but 110% pleased with his product and service.

AMB

Established Member
Irs cover

LPW RACING makes a IRS Rear End Differential Cover (p/n:201-8.8IRS) for the 99-04 Cobra for about $240.00!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

justaf150

Established Member
ya i guess im going with a lpw cover and steeda brace so it doesnt happen again! the fore cover is just hard to find and cost a ton!

SlowSVT

Established Member
ya i guess im going with a lpw cover and steeda brace so it doesnt happen again! the fore cover is just hard to find and cost a ton!

The LPW and Steeda brace are mutually exclusive. I say LPW or Billetflow.

:nono: The Steeda brace is a knock-off of the BF who originated the design :(

foreprecision

Established Member

It's not hard to find the Fore Precision IRS diff cover anymore :banana: It's available again until October 14. Just follow this link to see what's included when you purchase the diff cover.

Fore Precision Works, LLC

Also check out this video for a new product hint.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2H5vmwJvU0"]YouTube - Fore Precision has a 'secret...'[/nomedia]

Call me with any questions-
Michelle

Teej281

Established Member
LPW cover is $215 with free shipping from American muscle and you guys probably get a discount code for them as well. So it would be roughly $205 maybe. It's not as sexy as the fore by any means but it has a very similar function at under half the cost.

justaf150

Established Member
just got the lpw and irs brack for 325 not bad at all and prob just as strong and your right it may not looks as good but my car is lowered so no one will see it lol

black 10th vert

Established Member

Just so you know, you can not just bolt up either the BF, or Steeda brace when using the LPW cover. I feel the cover is plenty strong enough alone (and have heard no reports of anyone breaking one), but if you feel the need to add the BF brace, be prepared to do some custom machining to both parts to get them to fit together. The LPW has big support ribs cast into it, that the stock cover does not, plus the boss containing the bearing pre-load bolts. I would have loved to get the Fore piece, but at the time I did mine, they were no longer available. I guess they are doing another short run, so if you have the coin, that is an excellent option too.;-)

justaf150

Established Member
Just so you know, you can not just bolt up either the BF, or Steeda brace when using the LPW cover. I feel the cover is plenty strong enough alone (and have heard no reports of anyone breaking one), but if you feel the need to add the BF brace, be prepared to do some custom machining to both parts to get them to fit together. The LPW has big support ribs cast into it, that the stock cover does not, plus the boss containing the bearing pre-load bolts. I would have loved to get the Fore piece, but at the time I did mine, they were no longer available. I guess they are doing another short run, so if you have the coin, that is an excellent option too.;-)

ya i got the lpw in today and i dont see it breaking! its so much thicker so im going to cancel the steeda ordor

Users who are viewing this thread