need help I cant make up my mind

badjuicedgt

Established Member
Ok I dont put much on the web but I am thinking about making a switch and would like some others impute. I have an 03 sonic blue terminator with a 2.6 chrome kenne bell, kenne bell boost a pump, 60lb injectors accufab single blade throttle body jlt cold air intake, everything under the hood is chrome, ba2600 maf,egr delete, head cooling mod, dual pass heat exchanger, 3" off road h pipe, 3" bassani cat back exhaust, aluminum flywheel, irs cover brace, 3-1/2 8 rib 18lb pulley,h&r race springs, h&r anti sway bars, wilwood 6 piston front brake kit, 26 spline trans shaft, the list goes on and on I have a 1 inch binder with all svt paper work, along with all dyno sheets,plus 90 percent of the receipts for all the mods it has the owners manuals for the supercharger, there are also pictures of the progress of the mods being installed, the a/c and heat all work along with the power seats the car is kept either in a garage or in the enclosed trailer. The car has 56k miles on it, all mods were done in 2010 when the car had 50k miles on it. I am thinking of trying to trade for gt500 or a boss 302 or possible a raptor or a 2013 and up gt mustang with a power adder or cash with the car. what do you guys think try and trade or keep the car since they just keep going up in value. Its an awesome car fun and fast makes 605 horse at the tires on pump gas, if I keep it I am going to add a fore return style fuel system and have it tuned for race fuel and e85 along with pump gas on all the pullies I have which are the 18lb on it now and the 20lb and 22lb I have been told it should make over 800 horse at the tires if not more with the 22lb pulley on either race fuel or e85 I dont know how accurate that is, the dyno sheets I have came with the car I have not had the car on thee dyno but we have had it at the track a few times and 60 ft's suck a lot and all but one time track temp was around 110 degrees the best time has been slow not even worth mentioning but fastest mph was 129 with the fr500 wheels and nitto 555r's and 315-45-18 the other reason I sold the fr wheels every bump and I mean every bump I hit the tires would rub and I hated that sound. The car currently has the stock wheels on it, I sold the fr500's that are on the car in the pics I got tired of seeing the same wheels on every other mustang so I put the stock wheels back on and it makes it more of a sleeper well until you hear the kenne bell start screaming. So your imput would be awesome I put it on craigslist with bold letter that said will not sell will only trade and put whats I would trade for a gt500, a boss 302, a 2012 and up gt with a power adder if no power adder cash with the car, a raptor, a srt8 jeep, or tube chassis mustang or an extreme backhalf car. My wife want me to keep the cobra and wait and just buy what I want down the road well I was almost to the amount for what I truly was which was a cobra jet and then a sudden accident hit and I was run over by a truck and now we lost everything except the cobra, it really is true you never know when shits gonna hit the fan and you never know what your going to have one day to the next or if you will even be here.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That's a long read op. I didn't read your whole post. But I'd agree with your wife and keep the cobra.

Save up and buy another toy down the road. I'm in the process of adding another car as we speak. I've never owned two mustangs at once, so this is new to me. Mainly because I only have a single stall garage. But I'm renting a storage unit until we can build a bigger garage.

Lucky for me, the wife won't let me sell the cobra.

Good luck.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I made the mistake of mentioning selling the Cobra late last year for personal reasons. I was lucky my wife didn't have any sticks in arm's reach because I probably would've been beaten.

testorossa1989

Established Member
In the past few years this topic has come up many times. Every single time it ended with the owner trading/selling his cobra for some newer chassis Mustang and hating it because it didn't have that " brolic power" feel. All the new cars have a more driveability feel, not that it's a bad thing but don't expect a coyote to feel like a cobra. I wouldn't do it personally. Plus there's a growing trend of newer chassis owners selling their GT500's, coyotes for a cobra.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

badjuicedgt

Established Member
so I have made up my mind and drum roll the cobra will be staying. I got home today and my son and wife said sit down and my son comes out with a poster board one side said let the cobra go and the other said keep the cobra.the side that said keep it listed you whined for 10 years you wanted one now you have it, my son said its so cool when you come pick me up in school in it, he also said he loves to go to the car shows and watch everyone crowd around it, then there was a lot more listed. the other side said if you sell or trade it hope the buyer will let you sleep on their couch or be prepaired to sleep in the trade. Both of them said you know you can get a 2011 and up gt at the auction cheap, I just left a dealership i was their buyer I started in January and bought them about 40 cars and they have sold everyone but I havent been paid for one yet, which I am supposed to get paid the week I buy the car or truck so I think its going to have to come down to getting an attorney. So I have an interview at a big group of dealerships as their buyer I am hoping to get it. Or if anyone on here needs a buyer let me know. and I am happy to keep the cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread