Need help figuring out my compression ratio.

Wayneo

Established Member
I know I brought this up before but found out some more about the engine.

So I drove 2 hours and picked up a complete drivetrain out of a 04 Cobra. Picked it up for my Mach which already has an aluminator long block. Going to do the Eaton Swap and t56 swap. Any way when I got there I found out it’s a fully built engine with 15k miles on it. Car was hit in the back a totaled.

Mod list on Engine:
Aluminum Block
Kellogg Cobra Crank
JE pistons
Eagle rods w/ arp 2000 bolts
ARP Main studs
ARP Headstuds
Meling Oil Pump and Gears
04 Cobra Heads resurfaced, compete valve job,
04 Cobra cams degreed

I don’t know what the compression ratio is. Through my research thinking it’s 9:1.
Was initially going to use my aluminator engine because I like the fact that it’s 10:1 cr but now leaning towards this engine more being that the oil pump is upgraded has all arp hardware pretty much built for 1000hp. Going to be running a ported blower along with a 150 shot. Anyway maybe some engine builders can chime in on what the cr might be. The paper work doesn’t have the pistons part number or what cc they are thanks in advance!

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You need to know the size of the combustion chambers, dish size of the piston, head gasket thickness, etc. You'd need to pull a head to do it correctly.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Wayneo

Established Member
You need to know the size of the combustion chambers, dish size of the piston, head gasket thickness, etc. You'd need to pull a head to do it correctly.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk
Yeah I figured that but was hoping for a ball park figure. Would like it to have atleast 9:1 cr but guess I won’t know until it’s needs a rebuild

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Without knowing what's inside you're just guessing and will have no idea. As mentioned above you need details on pistons, combustion chamber CC, head gaskets etc.

Users who are viewing this thread