need help deciding

jcveron

Established Member
i am going to purchase a new car soon. i am debating between an 07-09 gt500 and a 2011 gt m6. if i get the gt500, i will probably be going the KB 3.6 route to make somewhere in the neighborhood of 900+rwhp. if i do this i will not daily drive it. but ive recently seen this

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdlgfe6UWtI"]2011 Mustang GT Borla Exhaust - YouTube[/nomedia]

and its making me want this exact car. if i did go the gt route then it would be a daily driver with probably a small procharger somewhere in the mid 600s. what would you guys do?

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
You can daily drive a 900hp KB GT500, I promise. I have a newer Explorer, but I can't stay out of the car. I've put 5600 miles on it since May. GT500 all the way. My .02

jcveron

Established Member
i know you can but do you really want to put all those miles on it? i would probably get one with 20k on the clock already. it would be hard not to drive it everywhere. but a black 5.0 with the right wheels dropped with a small blower would be incredible for a DD. maybe ill just get both!

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
i know you can but do you really want to put all those miles on it? i would probably get one with 20k on the clock already. it would be hard not to drive it everywhere. but a black 5.0 with the right wheels dropped with a small blower would be incredible for a DD. maybe ill just get both!

Now that's what I'm talking about!

jcveron

Established Member
the question wasnt should i buy them both. its if i only buy one which one should i get? street car

bull3441

Established Member
i am going to purchase a new car soon. i am debating between an 07-09 gt500 and a 2011 gt m6. if i get the gt500, i will probably be going the KB 3.6 route to make somewhere in the neighborhood of 900+rwhp. if i do this i will not daily drive it. but ive recently seen this

2011 Mustang GT Borla Exhaust - YouTube

and its making me want this exact car. if i did go the gt route then it would be a daily driver with probably a small procharger somewhere in the mid 600s. what would you guys do?
if those are the plans for the GT500 then have $ on hand for a built block. same goes for your plans for the GT. you could always buy a Boss and put a centri on that.

jcveron

Established Member
if i go the gt500 route and choose to do the 3.6 it will be with either a Livernois built shortblock or L&M shortblock. i would probably end up keeping the 5.0 N/A and full bolt ons with heads and cams package. whats your opinion?

Van@RevanRacing

if i go the gt500 route and choose to do the 3.6 it will be with either a Livernois built shortblock or L&M shortblock. i would probably end up keeping the 5.0 N/A and full bolt ons with heads and cams package. whats your opinion?

L&M Block with Custom Pistons 9.5:1 and Custom L&M Cams. Ported CNC Heads in a GT500 with a Kenne Bell 3.6. Installed at L&M Engines and the dyno tuned by Jon Lund on the L&M Dyno.

We can put all of the other pieces together but like we discussed in another thread...................give me a shout JC.

Van
561-445-7702

Darth Racer

Established Member

2011 Mustang GT Borla Exhaust - YouTube

Save your money........buy a '13 GT500

bull3441

Established Member
Go L&M. I've seen 3 sets of Livernois heads fail within 6 months fail. one of those had mismatching valves in it :shrug: it's your $, so build it to your specs. if i was looking for a car now i would get a Boss and procharge it.

Users who are viewing this thread