Need help debugging P0100 code!

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I recently installed a KB 3.6 and this car is giving me hell getting it back on the road! EGR was leaking (lund found it in the datalogs). Took a week to debug that, with the help of Van and some others. Now got the new EGR on this morning, fuel trims looking good etc etc and I've suddenly got a wrench and a P0100 code.

So Mr. Google tells me that this is a MAF code and reading through all the pages I could, I see a lot of reasons for this code generally amounting to a leak in the intake. So this code did not show until AFTER the EGR change, though I am sure that is unrelated. It was driving fine with the (very) small leak that was causing, and this showed up while I was dataloging after the EGR swap.

So starting there...
1. Verified the harness is not touching the EGR tube. Also verified that while tight between the intake and firewall, it does have some room for movement.
2. Pulled the MAF sensor, nothing obviously wrong with it, generally clean, etc etc. Reseated the connector as well as the extension connector.
3. Verified the PCV tubes are all connected and pushed all the way in.
4. Checked around the rubber connection between intake tube and TB. No obvious gap. Everything appears tight.
5. Removed and reinstalled air filter.

Thoughts?

After battery disconnect and reconnect, a P00CE code was thrown, though after clearing did not come back. Not sure what that was all about, but according to everything I could find, that is essentially a don't care code anyways relating to the IAT sensor.

Snoopy49

Established Member
P0100 - Mass Or Volume Air Flow A Circuit.jpg

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I think I got it fixed. Need to see some miles and a few drive cycles to be convinced. I am 89% sure it was a pinched wire in the harness between the bypass and heater hose. To say it's busy and tight in that area would be an understatement.

Users who are viewing this thread