Need help choosing a new color for my Lightning

03WhiteL

03WhiteL
Established Member
OK guys here is the deal the clear coat on my truck is starting to peel. I'm going to get it paint here are the colors i have been thinking about . 1 metallic cooper orange, 2 gotta have it green, 3 pearl white, 4 keep it white, 5 competition orange. Here are some pictures of my truck. let me know what you guys think the best color would be thanks.
newlook005.jpg

newlook002.jpg

newlook004.jpg

newlook003.jpg

newlook001.jpg

Thanks for the help.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
No screaming yellow? saw someones truck on L-rodder yesterday, had a bright yellow lightning looked pretty nice.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
No screaming yellow? saw someones truck on L-rodder yesterday, had a bright yellow lightning looked pretty nice.

You may be thinking of the Boss F150 that was produced.

A color that has caught my eye lately is Steel Blue Metallic. If not that, I think a RedFire Lightning would look badass:rockon:

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Gotta have it green would look really cool on an L in my opinion...

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
I think comp orange would look sweet. Like I said in Boomer's paint thread as well I think Eleanor grey would look unreal on any new vehicle. GHI green might just be a bit too much for me imo, but then again it may turn out badass. I personally wouldn't take the risk though

03WhiteL

03WhiteL
Established Member
Thanks for all the input guy. I still don't what color to go with. Can someone photoshop some of the colors on the truck for me?

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Thanks for all the input guy. I still don't what color to go with. Can someone photoshop some of the colors on the truck for me?

If you were to paint it gotta have it green would you incorporate any decals or stripes or anything to break the color up? The only problem I see with that color on the L is a truck is a huge canvas and it just might look a bit strange with the whole truck being that color. You know what I mean?

BRNG ITT

Established Member
I think this color combo on a lightning would look wicked.

Flat silver w/ black rims.

441ab664.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
If not white I really prefer metallic colors on the Lightning. It has so many nice curves that metallic paint really shows them off nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread