Need help. Blow off valve flutter

adammdennis11

Established Member
I have a brand new t trim head unit installed, everything is great except I'm getting crazy flutter from the blow off valve. Even under very light acceleration. I opened it up as much as I could and it helped, but didn't fix the constant fluttering. I have the car at a performance shop doing some other work, I asked them to put a bigger blow off valve on to fix the fluttering. He said when they took the existing blow off valve off, It was still making the fluttering sound. They put a 52 mm bov on with the same fluttering.

Has anyone come across this issue?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
so you're using an actual blow off valve, not a bypass valve?

Does it have the correct spring in it?

Does it have hard vacuum line directly to a good vacuum source?

adammdennis11

Established Member
Yes, it's a bov.

Isn't it weird that it's making the fluttering sound with the pipe the bov is on removed?

MG0h3

Established Member
That would suggest that it isn’t the BOV at all.

Been a looooong time since I had a centri but don’t you need to remove the crankcase breather tube from the VC to intake? Was that done?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

adammdennis11

Established Member
Yes. Nothing changed other than the head unit. I had a s trim upgraded to a t trim. The current unit is a true t trim head unit. Now the car has been in the garage since 08. I got it running, put 600 miles on it and decided to send it to the shop. I wonder if something is stuck or broke, causing the fluttering. I am also having issues with a higher than normal idle...idk. hopefully the shop figures it out.

robvas

Established Member
Do you have a vacuum leak? You should have the lightest spring you can get in the BOV

can you make a video of the noise? People sometimes mistake compressor surge for BOV flutter

adammdennis11

Established Member
Im not sure if I have a leak or not, the car is at the shop. I'll try to run by there next week to see. Hopefully it will be figured out by then..

MG0h3

Established Member
Yes. Nothing changed other than the head unit. I had a s trim upgraded to a t trim. The current unit is a true t trim head unit. Now the car has been in the garage since 08. I got it running, put 600 miles on it and decided to send it to the shop. I wonder if something is stuck or broke, causing the fluttering. I am also having issues with a higher than normal idle...idk. hopefully the shop figures it out.

Well that suggests it’s the head unit. Easy to look at everything else but sounds like that’s all you changed.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

projectslideway

Established Member
Had similar issues with generic BOV and a Tial Q with a green supercharger spring fixed it no problem. Also a Vortech Mondo or Procharger Red Race Valve should take care of it as well.

adammdennis11

Established Member
Had similar issues with generic BOV and a Tial Q with a green supercharger spring fixed it no problem. Also a Vortech Mondo or Procharger Red Race Valve should take care of it as well.
Just got the car back from Ramseys here in Tampa. Car is running strong, the hp just keeps going up...the Bov was changed and adjusted ect...no more flutter but now I have a super loud whoosh...sounds kinda cool...

Users who are viewing this thread