Need help- alternator harness 2010 fusion

My94GT

Established Member
i have a 2010 fusion I’m selling but the battery light is staying on and it was likely due to the wire harness for the voltage regulator on the alternator being dry rotted. Unfortunately all the wires were already out of the existing harness plug end and the new one does not come color coded from ford.

I’ve looked in Alldata and it doesn’t seem to show which order or color for the wires so I’m hoping maybe someone here knows.

I’d prefer to fix this as I have an interested buyer and I don’t want them to have to fuss with it as it’s a car for their kid to drive.

Thanks in advance

TaraFirma

Established Member
This is a pic of our 2011 Fusion. not sure if there is a difference between the years, but I hope this helps.
E7DBDC69-242E-4DC8-91B2-C66299E4E077.jpeg

My94GT

Established Member
No dice, battery lamp still coming on. Voltage for battery with engine off is good and with engine running under load with accessories on the alternator is holding steady voltage in range as well.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
If Alldata has a wiring diagram post a pic of it and I will take a look. Had a similar issue on my Cobra and it was the Alternator output sense wire that was bad, it tells the car (and your battery light) that voltages are within spec. If its not connected you will have good volts everywhere but a constant light.

My94GT

Established Member
If Alldata has a wiring diagram post a pic of it and I will take a look. Had a similar issue on my Cobra and it was the Alternator output sense wire that was bad, it tells the car (and your battery light) that voltages are within spec. If its not connected you will have good volts everywhere but a constant light.

Actually after some testing further I now have voltage dropping. I’m thinking I just didn’t have the car running under oof long enough to get the drop. It appears the voltage regulator is bad which would require replacing the alternator.

I’ll just see if the buyer will take it if I slash money off to cover the bill and they can have it done while it’s being inspected by the mechanic for state inspection anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread