Need guidance to good, reliable shop in Az . . .

68gtscode

Established Member
aer u talking about Rob Wetzel?

I believe so, but cannot remember Rob's last name with absolute certainty. Rob was the tuner at SVC. I know he stayed on with the new owner, after Dean sold the business. I am not sure what ever happened to either of the guys after SVC closed, but they were excellent. If I still lived in AZ, I would do my best to track them down.

If you know anything about them, I would be curious. I also wonder if Dean ever finished his turbo Fox project? That is one car I would probably sell some stock and mutual funds to buy!

Last edited:

03silverdragon

Established Member
I believe so, but cannot remember Rob's last name with absolute certainty. Rob was the tuner at SVC. I know he stayed on with the new owner, after Dean sold the business. I am not sure what ever happened to either of the guys after SVC closed, but they were excellent. If I still lived in AZ, I would do my best to track them down.

If you know anything about them, I would be curious. I also wonder if Dean ever finished his turbo Fox project? That is one car I would probably sell some stock and mutual funds to buy!

yeah, is the same, Rob is working on my car as we speak, is going to re-tune it and convert to e-85, he is located in Anthem, but i talk to him last monday when i drop my car and he said he might merge with anoter guy JUST to build turbo kits for him, good thing he's working on my car before that happen.

68gtscode

Established Member
yeah, is the same, Rob is working on my car as we speak, is going to re-tune it and convert to e-85, he is located in Anthem, but i talk to him last monday when i drop my car and he said he might merge with anoter guy JUST to build turbo kits for him, good thing he's working on my car before that happen.

Good to hear Rob is still around, your car is in good hands! I also sent you a PM.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
I hear that, I just wanna get my car back up and running. I'm really hoping the engine needs a minor fix so I can upgrade some stuff, would love a blower and 3800 stall convertor or depending on price a stout N/A car with a 3800 stall convertor, either way I want a convertor LoL. I'm going to have to check that place out, where are they located?

On Chandler and Hamilton. Yes it's just getting into down town Chandler but it's not bad. Not gangstered out lol. They have a lot muscle car projects going, and a 03 termi being built, a 01 cobra with a termi transplant, and a few foxes that actually belong to them. They love their mustangs.

slickblack

Established Member
I will also say I had a really bad experience at AMP. I brought my car in to them for a pre purchase inspection and they gave me some really bad info. The positive is they do have a lot of parts in stock and access to the junkyard for probably just about anything else you may need. Although I vowed never to return, I did buy some parts from them because they're local.
Extreme performance tuning in Goodyear looks interesting. I live in Goodyear and hadn't heard about that place until now. I e-mailed them to see what they are capable of. It would be great to find someone so close who knows our cars.
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread