Need Good place to purchase 98 aluminum teksid short block

68gtscode

Established Member
I'm not sure you're going to find any places that have teksid-based short blocks in stock, although I could be wrong. I assume you'll want/need to reuse your block and likely crank. As such, I think you need to look for a good engine builder and machine shop.

Sn95steve

Established Member
id prefer not to use my original block and crank as the main bearings went and scored up the crank and journals in the block pretty well. siezed the motor. but if i do go that route whos the Go-To shop for quality work?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Id call around, livernios, JDM, MMR, ect.

Not sure what all your looking for but they could help you or point you in the right direction.

shurur

Established Member
Nothing wrong with the WAP block or (especialy) the Nemak (Cosworth Aluminator) block.
Those will also work for you.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
but if i do go that route whos the Go-To shop for quality work?

As someone who has been there, done that sending my short-block out to a big shop to have rebuilt and got massively burned, find a machine shop near you. Talk to locals, go to your nearest track and ask folks there who they use. There is an intangible amount of value in being able to check-in on progress in person and discuss details. Mod motors are really nothing special. You don't need to overspend and ship your stuff all over the country to get a good engine. Mine was put together by a local place that specializes in short track legends motors and hemi stuff. It's held together under 20+ lbs of boost and 800rwhp for 7 years now.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
if you aren't going for crazy power levels a WAP block should be fine. teksid is really cool but for most of us its not necessary.

40th GT

Established Member
Autozone sells reman engines. You could get a shortblock with heads for a Lincoln Mark VIII or Aviator and run the Cobra cams and intake manifold if you just want a OE rebuild. For an aftermarket build I would source a reputable machine shop locally.

Users who are viewing this thread