Need fuse / circuit breaker help.

Sandman333

Established Member
We are getting my son's 2002 GT back on the road after having been down for an engine rebuild for several years. When he bought the car, the power windows worked. Neither works now. The power locks do work. I've back probed the wires to the plastic block that the window switches connect to and there is no voltage there.

According to the wiring diagram in our Chilton manual, power for the windows should be either a pink or Lt blue & black wire. That manual also shows that this power is sourced from the instrument panel fuse block under the driver side dash at circuit breaker 14. The problem is, there are no circuit breakers in that fuse block. The Chilton manual also lists the power lock circuit breaker as being #12 in that same instrument panel block. That can't be correct, as again there are no circuit breakers in that panel and the power locks work. So, I'm at a loss, short of trying to trace each and every wire, for finding where this circuit breaker is located. Is it one of the breakers in the engine bay fuse block?

If it makes a difference, we don't yet know whether this car hsas remote keyless entry. I'm assuming it does, as it's equipped with the Mach 1000 audio system and I doubt that was available in a lower trim car w/o RKE. He didn't get any remotes with the car and has only one door/ignition key.

If I can figure out how to upload a photo here, I can show the fuse block under the driver side dash. Any assistance is most appreciated.

hotcobra03

Established Member
small version works on cell phone.

download adobe reader. this will bring up a menu page

i still use photobucket to post pics. copy/ paste image code and pic will show in thread.

keep thread updated

hotcobra03

Established Member
as for rke.

fob. /remote
most parts stores and even walmart sell them.

manual has instructions on how to program it. very easy

Sandman333

Established Member
as for rke.

fob. /remote
most parts stores and even walmart sell them.

manual has instructions on how to program it. very easy
I believe you need 2 factory keys in order to program another or a remote. This is done to prevent someone acting as a valet from making new keys or a remote for your car, as you would only give a valet one key. As he has only the one key, he'll have to go to the dealer to get the programming done, I think.

Sandman333

Established Member
Found the issue, the circuit breaker had been removed. Unknown who or when this happened, but I got a new one from the auto parts store for $5 and it's fixed. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread