Need Ford part # for 1995 Cobra R strut tower brace hardware

Cobra Jet

Established Member
I originally posted this over on Corral.net (long term member there) and I'm getting crickets...

Does anyone have the original Ford part number for the 1995 Cobra R strut tower brace hardware (8 attaching bolts w/attached flat washer)?

This would be the fastening bolts used for the STB at strut towers and at the back firewall securing point.

64CF744B-C05C-41C7-889C-5F1A9E52ECC9.jpeg

This is what I believe to be the hardware fasteners, but I cannot locate any Ford part number reference online and am not having luck searching out "1995 Cobra R hardware" on eBay.... LOL...

554D4073-98AF-4970-972C-B339B771976A.jpeg

Thanks in advance for any leads...

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
These photos are from #139. The STB has never been removed. The bolts are all 10 mm. If original R they would also have the white stripe. Are the bolts you showed from a GT? Tom

DSCN0642.JPG
DSCN0643.JPG
DSCN0644.JPG

Cobra Jet

Established Member
These photos are from #139. The STB has never been removed. The bolts are all 10 mm. If original R they would also have the white stripe. Are the bolts you showed from a GT? Tom

View attachment 1729931View attachment 1729932View attachment 1729933

Hi Tom,

The bolts in the images I had posted:
First top image is from a genuine 1995 R (can see some of the white paint marks on them, although not across the bolt heads).

Second bottom image was from a Seller on eBay who had a factory GT stb, and it’s hardware. I used that image because it was the only image I found that showed a closeup of the bolts and threads. The hardware appeared to be the same as the 95R, meaning specific “top hat” bolts with the integrated washers. Whether the 95R and 94/95 GT of the same era used the same exact mounting hardware - I do not know.

I asked that seller if he would sell just the mounting hardware (8), and the answer was no…

If I had a Ford part # for reference, it may be easier for me to find just those bolts separately online or to get replacements from Ford Parts.

Any additional help or info is greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread