Need for Speed movie

paynecasey

Established Member
First off I op opolgize if there is already a thread. I just wanted to share what I just heard from the main actor.

"No cgi no green screen." That's pretty cool if true.

vortecd

Established Member
you wouldn't happen to be watching WWE tonight?

KurtDog

Established Member
First off I op opolgize if there is already a thread. I just wanted to share what I just heard from the main actor.

"No cgi no green screen." That's pretty cool if true.

So the video of him driving off a cliff in a gt500 is real?

Blackoyote

Established Member
I love how you can clearly see that the GT500 is a v6, skinny tires and all, if you pause it while the car is flying through the air. They should atleast put the proper wheels and tires on the replicas to fool car people...

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Movie looks horrible. Hope it fails. Never should have made a movie on a video game that had ZERO backstory.

As for the CGI over actually destroying the cars? All for doing it the right way. CGI cannot hold a candle to stunt actors and the real thing. I wish Hollywood would figure this out and stop with the CGI crap. It has ruined quite a few enjoyable movies.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
According to his interview on Top Gear BBC, Aaron Paul said all the cars they smashed, like the Koenigsegg, etc, were actually just kit car shells, but they still cost about $300,000 each. Which is insane.

I do agree with the scene of them jumping the main character car, the fact you can clearly see it has V6 wheels if just stupid. However, I'm slightly holding out that there is a story behind why those wheels are on the car, because I don't think they would miss a detail that blatant. But at the cost of the big wheels that are on the car, I'm sure they didn't want to go about breaking multiples of those things over and over again.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
So the video of him driving off a cliff in a gt500 is real?
He was already hooked up to the cables of the helicopter, and more than likely that car was just a shell with no motor so it saved weight and the copter could actually carry it.

Users who are viewing this thread