Need expert advice

Needragn

I'm buying a "me" car in April/May. I know it's a cuss-word, but I'm still considering the Z06 Corvette, BUT, the Saleen just makes my tummy tickle a bit more. I'd LOVE to hear about the 2001-02's. Any advice on what to look for as far as things that ARE NOT obvious. I've been into bikes and cars forever and know what to look for, but nothing as far as the saleen. Hell, I've never even owned a ford product! Any problems with these years? I'm anal on the maintenance issues, so what I HAVE owned has served me well. I DO NOT need (I have a wife that's not very performance oriented) a car that I'll be wrenching on every weekend. I want to drive it ANYTIME and ANYWHERE without worrying about breakdowns. I spotted a 01 lately with 780 actual miles for $25K. Is this rare as hell, or fairly common? The Z06's will cut into the wallet alot deeper, but it seems the Saleen's are a bit more reasonably priced. I have 6 months to learn, learn, learn about these rigs. I'm leaning towards them pretty hard right now, but I need to hear from owners and enthusiasts first. I live in Denver and will store the car from oct-april. Sad and pathetic, I know. They use aggregate on the roads here about the size of pencil erasers when it really snows. It REALLY snows here. It melts in a few days and the roads are dry. Then, you drive on gravel until late march. Fine if you ride bikes, but not if you have a spoiler within inches of the road.
ANY AND ALL help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Only downside ive heard about the saleens are that they have paint problems, and not the kindest customer service. Other than that, people rave about them. Which saleen are you looking at? Haveyou checked out the 281-E? You could also try the 03 of wait til the 05 cobra. Those haul ass. I think most people on this site will steer you away from the Z06. Welcome to the site! Im in Boulder, CO.

Users who are viewing this thread