Need diff insulator(vib damper)

Fast GTO

Established Member
I am looking for a front diff mount insulator. Looks like a brick on the diff brace mounted by two long bolts.

You can see it under the car between the exhaust pipes before it bends out towards bumper.

Kind of urgent

Fast GTO

Established Member
Lost mine at 100mph on autobahn. Was tooling with it and didnt torque down all the way before hitting road.

I'm getting driveline vib at 85mph so I'll be going with a cf ds also.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Lost mine at 100mph on autobahn. Was tooling with it and didnt torque down all the way before hitting road.

I'm getting driveline vib at 85mph so I'll be going with a cf ds also.

Correct your pinion angle, don't bother with that damper weight, it's a bandaid and is not going to correct your vib.
http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/pinionangle.htm

At minimum get the Fulltiltboogieracing.com diff mounting bushings and kill two birds with one stone.

Eliminate center diff housing movement and establish the correct pinion angle geometry.

It would be best though to just do the whole kit with grease fittings.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Correct your pinion angle, don't bother with that damper weight, it's a bandaid and is not going to correct your vib.
FTBR Setting Pinion Angle

At minimum get the Fulltiltboogieracing.com diff mounting bushings and kill two birds with one stone.

Eliminate center diff housing movement and establish the correct pinion angle geometry.

It would be best though to just do the whole kit with grease fittings.

This^

I recently had a lpw cover and ftbr diff bushing installed. The shop took off that dampner weight, said I had no need for that anymore since my pinion angle is set. I know I should have bought the whole bushing kit, little at a time.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have on a shelf.
If you still need one let me know.

Jimmy's advice is very good.

Users who are viewing this thread