need cat back help for 2003 F150 5.4L

cobra=trouble

Established Member
For my boss, nothing real loud. We seen a single muffler with dual outlets is this the only bolt on kit they make. Or do they make a true cat back system that can be cut behind the stock cats.and which side do they exit on. Thanks any links or pictures are appreciated.

Jroc

Established Member
The best thing to do is research for a "repeatable" local muffler shop and have a costume exhaust built. That way you can get true duals, and use mufflers for your choice. Also you can choice if you want to spend for stainless tubing, diameter of the piping, tips you want to use, how you want it routed, etc, etc.

Last edited:

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Birthplace of Speed, Ormond Beach, Florida
Is it a single cab like the Lightning, or a extended cab with suicide doors or a crew cab?

I put bassani mid pipes and cats, then borla muff and tips on my Lightning which is the single cab... That setup sounded nice and wasn't too loud unless you get on it. The Lightning exhaust exits out the right side in front of the rear wheel. It did away with the four stock cats to two smaller cats with no check engine light. Depending on the truck and the pipes that you may select, it could fit right in or you may have to have hangers welded in... Either way you could end up at the shop, but if you search you can find direct replacements somewhere... maybe Summit, LFP, stylin trucks or maybe Ebay...

Users who are viewing this thread