Need auto transport from Cali to Midwest - Suggestions?

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
My brother needs to transport a car from Los Angeles to Ohio. Price is not a concern, but quality service is. The car needs to be in an enclosed trailer. I told him to check out the Horseless Carriage. Anyone have experience with this place? Any other carrier you would recommend?

bunk22

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
http://www.exoticcartransport.com/

I used them when I sold my old Mustang to a guy in KY.

Great pickup and really treated the car right. Took pictures before the load of anything.

I concure here. Just had my Vette shipped with them.....top notch. I've used DAS (average at best) and AAAA or 4A (absolutely horrible). 4A was 21 days late and the driver had taken my old 03 Cobra for a joy ride of almost 50 miles as I recall. He actually took it through mud, had opened the hood but didn't close it so mud was all over the engine and had dragged mud inside the vehicle as well. Check the BBB as well prior to using anybody. That 4A company had something like over 50 complaints against them in a year, most unsettled. This was back in 2004.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
How much does this type of transport cost on average? (Lets say Ohio to LA or Ohio to DC, etc.) A few grand? Very interested for future purchases!

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! :thumbsup: I'll pass them on to my brother.

TripleBlack95, the Horseless Carriage quoted him $1,700 from LA to central Ohio (a 2000 mile trip).

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
DAVESVT2000 said:
Just thought I would update this thread. Intercity Lines is the place my brother went with. He chose them because not only were they willing to take the car, they were also willing to move several boxes of parts along with it (this is a car in mid-restoration). They did a great job and handled the car in a professional manner. Really nice people, too. He would definitely use them again. :thumbsup:

synapsis

Established Member
I just got my L delivered from Mass to AZ by DAS for $1050. They delivered it a week before the estimated time. The "local terminal" was a hole in the wall towing company, though. Took them a week to get it on a truck in Mass. =/

Users who are viewing this thread