Need assistance with what could be going after dyno

sleek98

Established Member
Just looked over my last log when my setup was just tune/2.5/123 jlt/throttle body and I was at 19* base timing and knock sensor adding another degree for 20 degrees total. Was the knock sensor adding 2 degrees (shown as a negative) for a total of 18 or subtracting (shown as a positive) two degrees for a total of 14? If it was actually pulling 2 degreesi can see why it would flat line but leads me to wonder why it’s pulling timing

kosovobandit

Established Member
Just looked over my last log when my setup was just tune/2.5/123 jlt/throttle body and I was at 19* base timing and knock sensor adding another degree for 20 degrees total. Was the knock sensor adding 2 degrees (shown as a negative) for a total of 18 or subtracting (shown as a positive) two degrees for a total of 14? If it was actually pulling 2 degreesi can see why it would flat line but leads me to wonder why it’s pulling timing

Thank you for this. The knock sensor was not pulling timing if anything it was -.25 above 5000 rpm. And only set at 16 degrees. Tuner I think has it set and will not let the knock sensor add up high. Below 5000 rpm knock sensor was adding 2.25 to 2.5 degrees for max of 18+ degrees

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Spoken to your tuner?

Show them the datalog from this dyno pull.

If you have torque, fuel and spark sources included they can see what, if anything is going on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StrayBullitt

Established Member
It looks like a bottle neck of some sort, I'm gonna jump on board with belt slip and throttle body. When you remedy those two items if it doesn't improve I would be curious if you maybe have an Exhaust issue, maybe restriction of one or both of your cats.

kosovobandit

Established Member
Spoken to your tuner?

Show them the datalog from this dyno pull.

If you have torque, fuel and spark sources included they can see what, if anything is going on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you sir. I was meaning I sent the logs in to my tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread