Need advice!

03WhiteL

03WhiteL
Established Member
So I currently have a 11 GT500 with bolt ons(toy garage queen) and a 15 GT with exhaust and suspension. Nothing crazy with either car. Both are nice and I love things about both but I’m thinking about downsizing I have loans on both cars. I daily drive the GT but having that 570rwhp Shelby in the garage is always a nice thing. So the advice I need is I found a super clean 17 GT350 Recaro car with 33 miles for a pretty great deal. Should I sale both cars and replace them with a 350 as my daily drive and toy. I’m not looking for a track car or a straight line car just a fun and quick car. I drive very aggressively and I never pass on a chance play but most of the time it’s from a roll. I know their are a lot of different posts and I have searched but nothing with my situation. Thanks for any advice.

03reptile

Established Member
Hmmmm. interesting dilemma. I had a 07, 11, and 13 GT500. These cars were great for power and fun to drive. I don't think the Shelby would make a good daily driver. I sold my 2013 this summer and now have a 19 GT350. The GT350 certainly isn't as quick as the Shelbys were, but it's a lot more forgiving and user friendly than my 11 or 13. More creature comforts. I don't think the GT350 is an ideal DD either, but it is fun to drive. Your GT might be easier to drive on a daily basis.

Established Member
I've had a '11 GT500, '14 GT500 PP, '16 GT350 and now a '17 GT350R.

I would not want to daily the '14 GT500 PP, geared too tall for launching or the GT350R since I'd worry the wheels (or car) would be stolen and the wing blocks visibility.

But assuming the stick is not a deal killer, the GT350 would be every bit as drivable as a GT, possibly even smoother with magnetic ride... and while there is a loss of low end torque compared to a GT500, the GT350 blows away both the GT500's I've had in terms of enjoyment and drive.

So, it seems like a no brainer to me that you will save money including insurance and maintenance and simplify without losing anything.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a 2014 GT500 and a 2018 GT350R. The R is a more precise and technologically advanced vehicle. The GT500 is a sledgehammer. I am amazed and marvel at the R every time I drive it. I grin the entire time I drive the GT500.

I am more of a NASCAR/Funny Car type of person. Why I like the GT500 so much. Still, the GT350 is a better ride, better car and a newer model car. I personally couldn’t DD it but that is really up to you. You will miss your GT500 though.

03WhiteL

03WhiteL
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys I’m still thinking it over. I probably would have already bought the 350 if it was red with white stripes and non Recaro. I like the Recaro’s but for a daily I’m not sure.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
If you're the type that never shies away from someone messing with ya on the street, i'm not sure the 350 is the best choice. I got tired of knowing there was a high likelihood I was gonna get beat lol.

As far as DD goes, they're comfortable cars IMO. I love the Recaros and mag ride.

03WhiteL

03WhiteL
Established Member
Damn see that’s what I’m worried about. Now if I get smoked in the GT I know I have the GT500 at the house so I don’t feel bad because it’s my slow car. So can the car hang or just loss after loss.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
You just really hafta be in it’s sweet spot, there’s not much torque to help ya out if you’re not.

nickf2005

Established Member
I, personally, would have a hard time giving up the 500 in your scenario. If you were a backroad cruiser, like 03Reptile, I'd say go with the 350. However, if you like the torque and wine while handing 75% of the cars on the road a "L", stick with the 500.

More cost effective as well, as you wont take another depreciation hit. Just sell the GT, pay down the 500 more (completely? ), and enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
my preferred approach is have a truck for a daily and then the fun car. it would all come down to numbers for me but if I HAD to get a new car I'd go with a 2018+ GT. maybe even a bullitt.

your best bet is to sell the care you owe the most on and then put that additional money into the other one. i wouldn't want to truly daily a special car like a GT350.

definitely get rid of the 2 loans. we try to have no more than 1 loan in our house.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’d sell both and DD a Recaro GT350 with a Whipple.
One car note, best of everything.
750rwhp easy on pump 93 no problem, keep everything else stock.
-J

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I came from a 14GT500 to a 350 but I am a track guy and the track is where they shine. It is a blast to drive on the street and the exhaust note is perfect, but from what I gather from your posts, I would not buy one if I were you. The torque is great at high RPMs and I love that and at VIR it was a nasty beast, but the giggles you get from punching the throttle and hearing the blower on your 500 is something you are gonna miss. I miss it too, but I love the other things about the car more than I anticipate you will. I was cruising the other day and a Roush S3 came up beside me and I knew where we were that I had no chance at all. I was ok knowing that at VIR I could lap him in a 30 minute session. Would you be ok in the same scenario? We just grinned and gave each other thumbs up.

Recon

Established Member
Voodoo isn’t a good straight line performer, it’s not designed for it. Now if you’re on twisty roads when you encounter someone then you’ll be able to hang and likely beat them. But having fun stop light to stop light and on the freeway your GT500 would be better suited for that task. Get some beater car to daily and have the Condor for fun car duty.

Pick your poison.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
All points acknowledge and solved with a boosted GT350.
I bet there will be some very nice boosted 350s on the market next spring as GT500 production ramps up.
-J

Drewsky65

Established Member
Do it! I also like many others came from a 2013 gt500 and haven’t looked back. The 350 is all around a more balanced car and more enjoyable to drive. I wish I could have kept both but it was either get rid of my 65 fastback or the 500. Let’s just say the fastback will go nowhere. As far as the gt vs the 350 as a DD.. the 350 shits better and has a fantastic clutch feel. The only thing I would worry about is front end clearance ( same exact as your 500 has) and the recaros I can see getting annoying to get in and out of all day if your doing that.

Pros outweigh the cons tho :) I made this move already and would do it again

ANGREY

Established Member
If you're asking for advice, mine is to consolidate down to 1 mustang and get a better daily driver. This does several things. 1) It makes daily driving requirements much more comfortable. I don't know how I managed to DD my first mustang, I guess you can get used to anything. But it's not a very practical vehicle for a ton of daily scenarios. 2) It reduces the amount of speeding tickets you're exposed to getting. 3) It keeps mileage low on your beast.

As for which mustang, that's your call. If you want a "fun" car to drive, get the 350 as it's the most complete experience. If you want a straight line beast, keep the GT and mod it further or keep the 500.

All these guys worried about getting beaten on the street, here's a news flash, there's always someone faster.

Users who are viewing this thread