Need a Tuner in AZ? Devin at ADS in Chandler

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The only reason I didnt like doing that is the time it takes to make runs, download/emails logs, get a new tune back, upload, new log, repeat, etc. All while having your fingers crossed that the tuner didnt miss something and it runs fine on each run

Devin made about 15 short runs with my car on the dyno until he was comfortable making a full run and fine tuning it.

VMP tuned my 08 GT500 and my 2013, Justin has always done a amazing job with driveability and making sure everything is safe. He emails me a tune and I do a quick datalog to make sure everything is spot on and I'm all done.
Devin did a shit job tuning my 08, he spent 6 hours trying to tune it, than told me it was all good, and on my way home the car barley ran, Justin sent me a new tune and the car was perfect again, I personally wouldn't let Devin tune my lawn mower.
I promise if you guys go through VMP or Lund or even Bama you won't be disappointed. Email tuning has come a long way and there are some amazing mustang tuners out there. Unfortunately AZ just doesn't have any great mustang tuners.

Mystic03

Established Member
^ sorry to hear it wasnt the best experience with devin..hes done flawless jobs on my car and few buddies of mine.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
VMP tuned my 08 GT500 and my 2013, Justin has always done a amazing job with driveability and making sure everything is safe. He emails me a tune and I do a quick datalog to make sure everything is spot on and I'm all done.
Devin did a shit job tuning my 08, he spent 6 hours trying to tune it, than told me it was all good, and on my way home the car barley ran, Justin sent me a new tune and the car was perfect again, I personally wouldn't let Devin tune my lawn mower.
I promise if you guys go through VMP or Lund or even Bama you won't be disappointed. Email tuning has come a long way and there are some amazing mustang tuners out there. Unfortunately AZ just doesn't have any great mustang tuners.

lol, this is why the tuning subject is so funny to me.... I wouldn't let Justin tune my lawn mower.

Bottom line is everyone has had their trouble with tuners. Do your research, then talk to the tuners. Many times you find that you just get a warm and fuzzy from one tuner.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
lol, this is why the tuning subject is so funny to me.... I wouldn't let Justin tune my lawn mower.

Bottom line is everyone has had their trouble with tuners. Do your research, then talk to the tuners. Many times you find that you just get a warm and fuzzy from one tuner.

I do agree with you. I'm definitely not saying Justin is the greatest tuner out there but he has been great for me, than again his specialty is GT500s. Like you said people just need to do a little research on who is about to tune there car and usually the end result is you smiling with a great tune.

wickdgt

Established Member
Back with results. Car was tune with flying colors by dyno solutions of AZ. Shaun Price owner and Marco the tuner did a great job on my sons car. 308hp and 309 ft lbs on a mustang dyno with a safe NA tune. This is a fairly new shop still getting their shop together. If you need your Mustang or Lightning truck this is the place. Customer service is outstanding and want to help and are very friendly. Try them out, 480-558-6553.

Edgar

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Back with results. Car was tune with flying colors by dyno solutions of AZ. Shaun Price owner and Marco the tuner did a great job on my sons car. 308hp and 309 ft lbs on a mustang dyno with a safe NA tune. This is a fairly new shop still getting their shop together. If you need your Mustang or Lightning truck this is the place. Customer service is outstanding and want to help and are very friendly. Try them out, 480-558-6553.

Edgar

Great to hear everything worked out for you.

Joeazhp

Established Member

Edgar
I always like to ask when people say it's a safe tune how do you know? How much timing not only total, but at peak tq, etc. What are the Afr's, etc. Not being an ass but I have seen countless times cars come in with supposed "safe tunes" on cars and they are actually a cluster.

wickdgt

Established Member
Don't worry about it. I saw the tune, 23* total a/f ratio at 12:35, Mass was not near close to peg it, etc. I think I know a bit. I had a turbo Mustang that I tuned etc. I just cant go to his house due to no vacation, if not it would of been taken care of. I have an RX7 12A that is turbo and has a Micro Tech computer that I tuned up, 400hp to the wheels at 17 lbs of boost. While he was at the shop I was on the phone. So the guy at Dyno Solutions his name is Marco Paredes, he knows his stuff when I was talking to him.

hydrasport96

QuQ

I agree with you 100%, I believe it was Mark that did my 04 Cobra Vert, Devin was out at the time. John Thompson is absolutely the best I have ever dealt with in any auto shop. I live in Lake Havasu City and the local, so called "guru" at Horsepower Connection didn't even have common courtesy to return calls or messages I left to see if he could do the tune. As it turned out that was the best thing that could've happened. My Cobra is at 547 rwhp / 461 tq. I originally started out in Vegas at VooDoo Racing and all he did was ruin my engine so had to have total rebuild, balance, bp, etc. added hydraulic kit to new McLeod clutch. I picked up Cobra and the clutch broke loose on way home on highway in middle of no where. Called tow company and it was going to be 2 hrs before they could come. 10 minutes into waiting we get knock on window and it was John Thompson, he said he went by me and noticed it was car they just completed so he turned around to help, now mind you he was in a rental suv with his wife and 2 kids on their way to Disney for a vacation and he still stopped. Well, he got in car, told his wife and my girlfriend to follow and he showed me how to drive it without clutch and he drove me all the way to Quartzite (approximately 70 miles), and pulled into gas station. He got under dash and then opened hood where he found the part that came loose. He went into station bought a screwdriver and put the thing back together so I could get car home where I could have it fixed permanently. I tell you, I will drive the 200 miles ANYTIME to have my car worked on by ADS. I will not waste my time with the LOCAL guy here in Havasu.
Auto Repair Shop Chandler | Automotive Repair Ahwatukee | Auto Repair Chandler and Ahwatukee[/QUOTE]

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member

Edgar

Not trying to start a pissing match here but before I would go there I would search for some of the other customers that had tunes done by them. I will let you come to your own conclusions from there.

Users who are viewing this thread