Need a Tuner in AZ? Devin at ADS in Chandler

Jefe

Established Member
Just spoke with Devin last night and he is looking for more customers. The same Devin from PSR back in the day. If you have used Devin in the past you know he knows his stuff. I've been on his tune for almost 3 years without a hitch. Made 463/456 with just a 4# lower pulley, intake and exhaust. Drives better than stock and gets the same gas mileage.

Hes been at ADS for a year now and is getting settled in. They have a top of the line dyno/software to tune just about everything. Said they are tuning bikes, boats, dune buggies, Chevy's, Ford's, literally everything. He said the shop guys aren't nearly as comfortable on Fords as he is so when you call ask specifically for him. He said a simple pulley tune revision is probably under $500 and would take no more than 3 hours. Other mods may add an hour or two but on average it would run around $600 for a great tune.

Call Devin at 480-961-8704 and mention Jeff with the yellow Cobra referred you.

Auto Repair Shop Chandler | Automotive Repair Ahwatukee | Auto Repair Chandler and Ahwatukee

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Did you talk with him directly? The prices I posted is what he told me a couple days ago. He said a lot of the people think that tunes are $1k+ but that's not the case with him working on it himself.

He said dont ask pricing when you talk to the guys at the counter. Ask for him and mention Jeff with the yellow Cobra referred you.

Last edited:

Sick SVT

Established Member
I called him about two months ago about a tune on my 03 when I first got it. Was quoted 1k+ and was asked to drop my car off for a few days and they would work on it in between other cars. I have heard nothing but positives from people about his tuning abilities but 1k for a ported eaton tune and leaving the car for a few days is excessive. It wasn't a flat rate either. It was per hour and they said at least between 8-10 hours but sometimes takes longer. I ended up going to extreme performance in Goodyear. If your friends with Devon I would suggest he come down in price some to be competitive with the market if he's looking for new customers. I would have gone to him otherwise. If those are not his prices he needs to get with the counter people and intercept these phone calls cause it's costing him business. My bro in law has a Paxton 2012 5.0 and didn't go with him also because he was quoted 1k+.

Last edited:

foxspy

Established Member
I had my 2.9 Whipple tuned by Devin. He's a great guy, awesome tune. However the management of ADS will keep me from going back there. I'll pay Marty at Extreme to retune my car completely before I give any more money to ADS. Unfortunately Devin doesn't have a say in what ADS charges for dyno tuning. They won't let the customers back in the dyno area and keep Devin hidden in the back. If you have a specific question that you have about your tune, you have to go through a 20 step process to get face to face time with Devin.

Jefe

Established Member
I left a message for Devin at the front counter and he called me back in a couple hours and gave me all those details I posted in the first post. He said he knows people were calling and asking for tune quotes. He said their prices were high but not anymore. Sounds like something changed, maybe ADS gave him the respect he deserves.

If you guys have any problems getting to him directly, let me know as I have his cell #. Follow this and you should be good to go:

He said dont ask pricing when you talk to the guys at the counter. Ask for him leave a message and mention Jeff with the yellow Cobra referred you when you talk with him

He wants to build a book of Ford customers for the shop

Stanger00

Established Member
I am a former customer of Devin. He is a great dude and always offered to meet up at the track for 1/4 mile tuning. I had my car on PSR's dyno a lot to get the shifting schedule figured out. 91 octane tune 100 octane (tune bring your own gas). My initial cost back then was a bit high but in the end it was worth it. In 2009 I bought a SCT flip chip and dyno tune for $750. So it was about 500 for his time.

I've never been to this shop while I lived in AZ but that sounds like a bunch of BS. If you can always speak with Devin. I hated talking with the tards at PSR and I even caught a lot of shit for using PSR while in AZ's fastest street cars club.

Oh, Devin takes his time tuning your car. Expect it to be there for a full day for him to dial it in.

Last edited:

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Did you talk with him directly? The prices I posted is what he told me a couple days ago. He said a lot of the people think that tunes are $1k+ but that's not the case with him working on it himself.

He said dont ask pricing when you talk to the guys at the counter. Ask for him and mention Jeff with the yellow Cobra referred you.

Like many others I did NOT speak directly to him. At the time I was not aware that I would get different prices if I spoke to him. I really wish I would have now that im reading all of these, but its too late now and the car is sold.

I have a friend who will be going to Devin very soon and am looking forward to what numbers he is able to put down.

Sick SVT

Established Member
Has anyone received a better price? Im going to be installing a nitrous kit and will need a new tune. I was thinking about trying Devin.

Mystic03

Established Member
Has anyone received a better price? Im going to be installing a nitrous kit and will need a new tune. I was thinking about trying Devin.

call ads and talk to him directly he will give you an accurate time and pay

Mystic03

Established Member
Dude I talked to him directly and he quoted me over a grand.

Depending on the setup most cars take longer than others my pullied cobra took about 3 hours my return e85 kb took about 6-7. Devin is a great tuner and worth the money I wouldntskip out a few hundred dollars for a risky tune elsewhere imo.

RFM50

Established Member
Have you checked anywhere else? Built motor with boost probably isn't a simple tune

Yeah I have checked a bunch of places. If they have done my year car before then yes it is a simple tune. It's just a matter of building a good folder of base tunes, to start with. I decided on going with JPC and I am much happier then either of the last tuners I have had. One being an email tuner and the other being a dyno tuner. The dyno tune was a well known tuner out of Dowey California and it ran like ass. Good power poor drive ability.

Jefe

Established Member
JPC is an email tune? How many runs and how many logs did you send their way?

This is why Devin is so good. He made 15+ pulls in my car over 5 hours to get power and drive-ability dialed in.

Do you have any logs after the email tune was finished? I bet you could talk Devin into checking them out and seeing if he thinks anything needs to be tweaked. Would cost far less I would think

RFM50

Established Member
JPC is an email tune? How many runs and how many logs did you send their way?

This is why Devin is so good. He made 15+ pulls in my car over 5 hours to get power and drive-ability dialed in.

Do you have any logs after the email tune was finished? I bet you could talk Devin into checking them out and seeing if he thinks anything needs to be tweaked. Would cost far less I would think

Yes Jpc is an email tune. I have now gotten 5 revisions and everyone of them I have sent back 2-4 different data logs. I have no desire to have Devin look at there tune. When I spoke with him 6 months ago he hadn't done a whole lot of coyotes and he hadn't done any with a Paxton. Jpc has the fastest paxton and turbo coyote's in the country. They know there shit. My car is running spot on. The car has no knock at all.I do plan on taking it to a dyno to see what it puts down and that's about it.

nucworker

Established Member
tuners in AZ

I've used Richard in Scottsdale(dyno-comp) with good success. I've also used Devin at PSR, he was decent then but have heard that now he has come a long way since going to ADS. Devin will be tuning my next build. As far as Extreme is concerned just ask about how many cars have gone Boom. To put it lightly, L&R engines in LA likes the number of engines they build for Extreme to replace ones that now have extra holes in them.

RMoore92

Established Member
I was wondering where Devin ran off too. He tuned my Lightning and loved it, highly recommended Ford tuner and possibly the best in the city from my experiences.

Sick SVT

Established Member
Alright. I'm giving Devin a shot at tuning my new setup. I drop the car off on Monday. Hope to be melting tires by next week!

Users who are viewing this thread