Need a source for Toyo R888

dom418

Established Member
Hey guys. I know these are no longer in production but I've exhausted all of my online sources. I need 2 front tires in 275 35 18 since my car currently has mismatched fronts and rears. Any ideas?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've never run toyo r888 up front, and I've had r888's on the rears for 6 years. Also 99% of guys running a drag radial don't have matching fronts, lol.

MastaAce03

Established Member
The fronts are Kumho's date coded 2002 lol and the rears are new toyos. I'm OCD and want the treads to match. I'm not sure why the previous owner didn't just replace all 4 tires.

2002? Jesus, get rid of those things. Michelin MPSS, PS4 or the new Continentals would be my choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What do you run up front?
I'm having a brain fart. I'll check in a bit and edit my post.

Edit: I have toyo proxes T1 sports up front.

Last edited:

Destro03

Established Member
I just installed 888s 315 for the rear. Fronts I stayed with toyo proxes r1r. Tread doesn't match the rear, until you burn some rubber out back ;D

dom418

Established Member
I just installed 888s 315 for the rear. Fronts I stayed with toyo proxes r1r. Tread doesn't match the rear, until you burn some rubber out back ;D
How does the sidewall compare to the R888? From the side is it hard to tell there are different tires on the car?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
888s on the front are a waste of money unless you have a road race car.

Ive got 555g2's on the front and DRs out back. Works fine.

Destro03

Established Member
How does the sidewall compare to the R888? From the side is it hard to tell there are different tires on the car?
Its really not that different from the side. They both have a tread groove to the outside edge, the 888 is just a tad bit farther apart.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Nitto gen2 555 is what I have up front. Good summer tire and will work fine for you. Pretty inexpensive too and will last a good amount

Users who are viewing this thread