Need a second opinion dealing with dealership service department

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Straight to the point, I own a 2012 GTI as a DD, it currently has around 45k miles. Water Pump failed (apparently very common on 2010-2012 models), replaced under powertrain warranty no problems there. The night I got it back it threw EPC and CEL lights, smelled fuel, misfire, etc...had a buddy with vag-com pull codes and shows injectors 3 and 4 stuck open. Took it to the dealership and they stated its not covered under powertrain warranty but only if I were still within the 3 year/30k mile vehicle warranty. Makes zero sense but whatever, I have an extended warranty that requires only a $200 deductible. My question is this, have any of you EVER in your life heard of a known chronic issue such a premature injector failure (VW dealerships are aware of the water pump and injector issues all over the US) not being covered by a powertrain warranty. Also, the tech never changed the oil after the injector swap despite me telling him the smell of fuel was really strong and may have gotten in the oil. AND they're charging me for the oil change lol...bad experience. What would you do? VW of America is maintaining the position that its not covered despite heir dealer network report higher than average amount of failures for 2012 model year just as they did for 2010-2011 before the bulletin went out.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
VW. Get used to it.

I wouldve tried to find a used set before paying that deductible.

Well I didn't want to grab a used stock set as I imagined they'd be prone to the same failure but I did consider it. New each injector runs close to $200. I'm more curious as to what caused the failure of 2 injectors simultaneously.

Users who are viewing this thread