Need a rear end look update - what to get?

what to do?

• keep as is

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • make it look more like a racecar by adding an APR carbon wing

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • go full Cobra clone by adding Cobra bumper and spoiler

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • go with a Saleen rear bumper

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • get rid of the Steeda wing for ...

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Guys and Gals,

I bought my car new in 2003 and it has seen some good and some bad mods in the past 13 years.
what has pretty much always stayed the same is how the rear of the car looks.
Still got the regular GT bumper and a Steeda wing that I installed 2004.

I need something new, something more exciting that matches the car and myself better. And functionality is always a plus.

this is how it looks now
thumb_IMG_0518_1024.jpg

and this is the front of the car minus the mirrors, I installed white 03 Cobra mirrors the other day because the sport mirrors were way to limiting on what I could see while driving.

IMG_0519_klein.jpg

any ideas or suggestions what I could do?

I added a poll with some ideas

Ana

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Is it a dedicated track car? if so,

I would add more downforce (wing and splitter), and maybe an emblem delete.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member

been to that point where I wanted to do that to the car, but right now it is behaving so not an option right now

not a dedicated track car, more of a fun toy I can drive to work with when the weather is nice and go the track when I feel like it. Planning on running the Rolling 50 races next year with it.
so you would opt for the APR wing?

Blown 89

Established Member

I wouldn't jump to "add more downforce" without any information about the car, its suspension, its handling characteristics, etc. This isn't a video game.

not a dedicated track car
Then take all of the rice crap off of it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
its also a "schop car" so thats why the stickers and what not

(see what i did there? lol)

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
1) Pretty cool you track your Mustang. Yup, that's pretty cool.
2) You're in Switzerland/Germany?
3) You want it to look more American or European?
4) Always liked the wide 03/04 Cobra bumpers and hood. It would match your current additions, but I’d fill-in the embossed COBRA on it.
5) I like Austin's idea about a new splitter.

svtshadow

Banned
OP, I give you B+ for effort.

You have a great foundation right there.

Things to remove.

1. Rear spoiler
2. Decals
3. Side mirrors put stockers

Things to add
1. 275 front tires
2. 315 rear tires
3. Tint
4. Leave that color.

You will thank me later brother!

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
1) Pretty cool you track your Mustang. Yup, that's pretty cool.
2) You're in Switzerland/Germany?
3) You want it to look more American or European?
4) Always liked the wide 03/04 Cobra bumpers and hood. It would match your current additions, but I’d fill-in the embossed COBRA on it.
5) I like Austin's idea about a new splitter.

1 - thanks
2 - yes, in Switzerland during the week and Germany on weekends, my Monday morning and Friday evening commute is the Autobahn without speed limit :D
3 - I couldn't say really, probably just more exotic
4 - Filled in rear Cobra bumper would be nice to get, not sure I'd trust anyone to properly fill the letters in a way that they last.
5 - Any suggestions on splitters? I do scrape the Mach 1 chin already in my driveway, so I would need to think about this, used to have the Cobra R splitter and it was hard to get around without damaging it

OP, I give you B+ for effort.

You have a great foundation right there.

Things to remove.

1. Rear spoiler
2. Decals
3. Side mirrors put stockers

Things to add
1. 275 front tires
2. 315 rear tires
3. Tint
4. Leave that color.

You will thank me later brother!

1. I want to but wingless is not an option, I hate that look, so I need to know what to replace that wing with
2. It is a shop car that we used alot for advertisement but I myself got tired of the decals and wannabe racecar look. So decals are coming off in winter but I'm most probably not going to leave it "naked".
3. already posted in the original thread, those mirrors are gone and have been replaced with Cobra mirrors.

1. Not sure about the 275 fronts, car handles better without them (had 275s before)
2. Would need to get a wheel to fit a 315 tire first but again, handling is important and while 315s look awesome (had them before) the car handles better with the 285s that are on there now.
3. Never liked tint and with the rollcage in there it would be impossible to do now anyway
4. I may just leave it but paint is in bad shape

Brother? I'm a girl!

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member

I lol'd.

1 - thanks
2 - yes, in Switzerland during the week and Germany on weekends, my Monday morning and Friday evening commute is the Autobahn without speed limit :D
3 - I couldn't say really, probably just more exotic
4 - Filled in rear Cobra bumper would be nice to get, not sure I'd trust anyone to properly fill the letters in a way that they last.
5 - Any suggestions on splitters? I do scrape the Mach 1 chin already in my driveway, so I would need to think about this, used to have the Cobra R splitter and it was hard to get around without damaging it

1. I want to but wingless is not an option, I hate that look, so I need to know what to replace that wing with
2. It is a shop car that we used alot for advertisement but I myself got tired of the decals and wannabe racecar look. So decals are coming off in winter but I'm most probably not going to leave it "naked".
3. already posted in the original thread, those mirrors are gone and have been replaced with Cobra mirrors.

1. Not sure about the 275 fronts, car handles better without them (had 275s before)
2. Would need to get a wheel to fit a 315 tire first but again, handling is important and while 315s look awesome (had them before) the car handles better with the 285s that are on there now.
3. Never liked tint and with the rollcage in there it would be impossible to do now anyway
4. I may just leave it but paint is in bad shape

Brother? I'm a girl!

If you still want a wing and you're set on switching it up, have you thought about the cobra R wing? They're pretty big but they don't look terrible and they're actually functional. And I'm curious, what kind of wrap are you going to get put on there?

I love the idea of a filled in Cobra bumper.

If you don't want bigger tires then maybe a different tire? MPSS are supposedly light years better than anything else out there right now short of R compound tires. They would help the traction cause out more than just wider cheap tires.

Also, since you're a girl and actually track this car I have to say, I'M IN LOOOOOVE. lol.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I lol'd.

If you still want a wing and you're set on switching it up, have you thought about the cobra R wing? They're pretty big but they don't look terrible and they're actually functional. And I'm curious, what kind of wrap are you going to get put on there?

I love the idea of a filled in Cobra bumper.

If you don't want bigger tires then maybe a different tire? MPSS are supposedly light years better than anything else out there right now short of R compound tires. They would help the traction cause out more than just wider cheap tires.

Also, since you're a girl and actually track this car I have to say, I'M IN LOOOOOVE. lol.

I had a Cobra R wing on there briefly, loved how it looked but the Swiss police did not love it - had to take it off :whine:

unsure on the wrap yet, either something with different colors on each corner or just blend the blue into a deep metallic red. Leaning towards the second option.
I'm getting a carbon fiber hood and I'm considering the carbon fiber trunk with a carbon 03 Cobra spoiler and partial wrap the hood blue and the trunk red so the carbon fiber is still visible at some points. Not quite sure how to explain the image I have in my head to help make sense of what I'm talking about.

What makes you think I have no good tires? I run the Michelin Pilot Sport, the Super Sport weren't available in the size I'm running.

Mach1Stang

1994 327 Stroker
Established Member
1. Saleen rear wing would be a good choice
2. Cobra rear bumper is a must, whether you fill the letters or not
3. Remove all decals. Do not wrap, that color is very nice.
4. Replace mirrors with 03 Cobra mirrors
5. I would change the wheels too but not a must.

merkyworks

Established Member
1. Saleen rear wing would be a good choice
2. Cobra rear bumper is a must, whether you fill the letters or not
3. Remove all decals. Do not wrap, that color is very nice.
4. Replace mirrors with 03 Cobra mirrors
5. I would change the wheels too but not a must.

+1

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I had a Cobra R wing on there briefly, loved how it looked but the Swiss police did not love it - had to take it off :whine:

unsure on the wrap yet, either something with different colors on each corner or just blend the blue into a deep metallic red. Leaning towards the second option.
I'm getting a carbon fiber hood and I'm considering the carbon fiber trunk with a carbon 03 Cobra spoiler and partial wrap the hood blue and the trunk red so the carbon fiber is still visible at some points. Not quite sure how to explain the image I have in my head to help make sense of what I'm talking about.

What makes you think I have no good tires? I run the Michelin Pilot Sport, the Super Sport weren't available in the size I'm running.

Why did they make you take it off? That's weird to me. And it sounds like a pretty wild scheme right now, I hope you post pics when you finally get it done. And my bad, I'm used to most people running terrible tires and then complaining about the handling of their vehicle. lol

Users who are viewing this thread