Need a new car cover, help

mustangmike01

Established Member
My sti sits out side all the time I have California car cover that is 5 years old. I do not know what one it is though, the tag say it's for all 4 seasons. This is my problem, I wash the car and put the cover on it. There is morning doW on the cover. I fold up the cover and the car is covered in dirt? Even after I washed the cover. If it rains I would say 50/50 of what rain gets through the cover. So I was looking at there superweave cover. Dose anybody have it? It dose not need to be a California cover. I want to detail my car and put the cover on it and then I get a lot of heavy rain, I then want to pull the cover off and there is not one drop of water or dirt on the car. Is there a cover out there like this?? Plus if it rains and then over night everything freezes, I want to pull the cover off with out it sticking to the paint or the cover is frozen so I can't move it.

Thanks guys

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
I had the Superweave cover on one of my cars. It's an excellent cover. Kept my 02 GT looking new throughout nasty New England winters. It repelled water very well, but very few affordable covers will keep your car 100% dry and clean after a heavy rainstorm. Fine dust WILL be forced through the pores of the cover by the rain -- no getting around that. (easy to wipe up with a duster though.)
Be aware -- the Superweave is a bulky cover, it isn't washable in a home washing machine. You'll have to find a laundromat with extra big washers.

Last edited:

svtrookie

Established Member
My sti sits out side all the time I have California car cover that is 5 years old. I do not know what one it is though, the tag say it's for all 4 seasons. This is my problem, I wash the car and put the cover on it. There is morning doW on the cover. I fold up the cover and the car is covered in dirt? Even after I washed the cover. If it rains I would say 50/50 of what rain gets through the cover. So I was looking at there superweave cover. Dose anybody have it? It dose not need to be a California cover. I want to detail my car and put the cover on it and then I get a lot of heavy rain, I then want to pull the cover off and there is not one drop of water or dirt on the car. Is there a cover out there like this?? Plus if it rains and then over night everything freezes, I want to pull the cover off with out it sticking to the paint or the cover is frozen so I can't move it.

Thanks guys

Mike,

I have the same exact problem as you! I believe I have the stormweave by california car cover and if I put the car away one night and it rains the car is ruined! There is dust and dirt everywhere. I have conisdered stepping up the supeweave but I am scared to waste another couple hundred bucks on a cover that will make my car filthy over time. Granted, it does do a great job against sun protection. The pain on my 03 still looks fresh . . .but the dirt and grime after rain is horrible.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I have a wolf cover and have the same issue after heavy rains. I bought mine used (it was only used inside). I don't think mine is the top of the line model though. I believe it is the second down model. It is designed for inside / outside use and is a pretty thick cover.
I've wondered too about a better cover that would keep the car totally dry. I may look into it more in a few years since mine is in pretty good shape for now. I'm satisfied with mine keeping the sun, tree sap, leaves, twigs, bird droppings ect. off of it. The fine dust can be easily removed as previously stated.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
mustangmike01, what coolant overflow is that? Is that the canton?

As for you car cover issue, this might seem a bit out there, but California car cover sells and outdoor kit that isn't really a cover, but a protective inflated capsule. This is a great alternative to prevent the problems you speak of. You can put your normal cover on, then store your car inside this for the winter months. A lot of people don't know this is available for outdoor use. Just a thought for you. Not cheap, but it would solve your problem.
CCCC - Outdoor Car Capsule

Car covers are made to breath, so if you find one that keeps out 100% of the dust, that would indicate it is not breathing IMO. That would be like covering your car in a full car bra. Not at all good for the paint for a long period of time. Again, this is just my opinion. Good luck in your search.

mooch91

Established Member
I don't know about the specific subject cover, but I used the three-ply and four-ply covers made of Technalon fabric for years. Initially they worked great, not too dirty on the car once removed. After a few years, they started to break down, and I believe this was a big cause for the dirty/dusty look on the paint as the cover got wet. I know I returned at least one or two to Covercraft or Wolf because of the problem. They suggested UV degradation.

onedesigntalk

Banned
all i need to know guys dose anybody have the cal. superweave cover. and how dose it hold up in the rain!

Thanks

I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

EmpireCovers-Review

Users who are viewing this thread