Need a LEO signature to validate Vin# and odo to register for another state

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
I am trying to get an '01 SC2 Registered down in Florida. The car is currently here in St Charles, IL.

The plan is to drive it down to Orlando sometime in June. I will be down in FL next week, and would really like to get the tag/registration squared away while I am there, so it can be legal for the drive down there.

Since the FL DMV cannot "see" the car in person, they gave me a form that I need to fill out and have it signed by a police officer.

Anyone know whats the best way for me to get this done? I don't happen to know any LEOs around here. I suppose I could just stop by the local PD, but don't want to drive the car there without a tag on it.

Anyone else dealt with this issue?

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Most of the time you can call the PD or State Police in the area and have an officer come out and verify the VIN for you and sign the paperwork. Some states require an actual State DMV officer verify it.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I work some weird hours but I've completed a few of these and would have no problem doing it (FHP). Where in Orlando are you going to? I live about 20 minutes south of Orlando. I could possibly meet somewhere especially if I'm on duty

Users who are viewing this thread