Need a custom tune

83Ttype

I screwed up. My kids 03 came with a SCT X4 tuner and a custom tune. I played around with the tuner to see what settings were available and made same changes knowing that I can always load the custom tune back on it.

I did an update on the tuner (way old code) and in the process that wiped out the custom tunes that were stored on the device. Of course I didn't have them backed up and the previous owner doesn't have them either.

So now my SES light is on complaining about the rear O2 sensors. The engine has a list of basic mods, but the only thing I really care about is removing the rear O2 sensors form the tune. I do want it to run good, but max power isn't a concern as it will keep the kid out of trouble.

Does anyone have any good personal recommendations for a tuner that they have used and they are happy with?

BigScott96

Established Member
I screwed up. My kids 03 came with a SCT X4 tuner and a custom tune. I played around with the tuner to see what settings were available and made same changes knowing that I can always load the custom tune back on it.

I did an update on the tuner (way old code) and in the process that wiped out the custom tunes that were stored on the device. Of course I didn't have them backed up and the previous owner doesn't have them either.

So now my SES light is on complaining about the rear O2 sensors. The engine has a list of basic mods, but the only thing I really care about is removing the rear O2 sensors form the tune. I do want it to run good, but max power isn't a concern as it will keep the kid out of trouble.

Does anyone have any good personal recommendations for a tuner that they have used and they are happy with?
POPSRACING.COM I have not used them but they were referred to me for my Cobra by a car guy I trust. I plan on using them soon

83Ttype

I have since learned that you should NOT update your handheld tuner if it is working correctly. The "update" removed key features. I ended up just buying another older tuner and getting things set back the way they were. Expensive lesson right there.

Users who are viewing this thread