need 1 new tire. should i get f1?

forced03

Established Member
Or should I replace both rears with something diferrent? I took a nail and it came through the sidewall :gt:

I tried to get a f1 replacement today, but the couple places I went said it would be atleast a couple days till they could get one.

I would rather only spend the $ on 1 tire but this could be a good time to try something new. I am happy with the f1s. Any opinions?

Bobby Adams

Established Member
I would'nt replace it with nothing but an F1 unless you are going to replace all 4. You don't want to mix tires on a car of this performance level. If the rest of the tires don't have that many miles on them I would just replace the one you lost. But if they have many miles on them replace 2 of them to keep close to if not the same tread wear on the ground. These F1's have a traction rating of AA which is the highest offered, So you want to keep the traction rating at AA no matter what you replace them with, If you replace them with another brand. If you are going with drag radial's on the back all of this is mute because they will offer superior DRY traction performance, But will not function like the F1's in the wet. Hope this helps and good luck.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Same thing happened to me with only 40 miles on the car. None of the discount tire shops had the F1s back then. Bought a pair of Nittos instead for about the same price as 1 F1. Wouldn't switch back.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> I thought we had a tire warranty from Goodyear?

We do. Don't have the warranty pamphlet on hand though. Anyone aware of the Goodyear warranty policy with regards to accidental sidewall puntures?

mtor9477

Established Member
Yep! If the tire is unrepairable, the warranty(which lasts for 3yrs) will cover 50% of the cost. I think I paid about $190 after install/balance/disposal....all that good stuff.

forced03

Established Member
Yep! If the tire is unrepairable, the warranty(which lasts for 3yrs) will cover 50% of the cost. I think I paid about $190 after install/balance/disposal....all that good stuff.

Can I buy the tires anywhere and be reimbursed?

blucobra03

Established Member
Just make sure you are getting the F1 made for the Cobra. There are two different F1 tires out there. I found out the hard way. The one for our heavier Cobras has a 98W designation on the sidewall. The other one if for GM cars and has a 93W on the sidewall.

sonic77

Established Member
I had a nail puncture too close to the sidewall when mine was only 2 weeks old. I had planned on getting the road hazard warranty from Goodyear soon after I bought it but didn't get it in time.

All the local Goodyear shops wouldn't let me get road hazard on the punctured tire since the nail was already in it.

So I had to buy a new F1 from Tirerack (98W). At least it was only $230+shipping instead of the $430 Goodyear wanted.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Don't be foolish,
Buy a tire that fits your driving style! If you drive your car like normal with an occassional Romp, then get the F1. If you drive your car the way it should be driven, then get the Nitto DR's $138/pc from Discount Tire Direct. I disagee with Bobby Adams, there is no reason to have tires that match all the way around, just as long as the fronts are the same and the rears are the same. Trust me, I ran DR's with stock tires in front on my GT that was blown, for 2 years with no problems! (that's going down the track @110mph and daily hgwy driving of 100mph+ and over 380rwhp) You need the traction!

Later
Jess

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread